Do you use the stock text app.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried textra this afternoon and as soon as got home went back to stock. Was not impressed at all with it,, like the stock app much better.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the stock app and haven't figured out how to disable the screen from turning on when I get a text. If I uncheck preview message, the screen still comes on but it doesn't display any info such as who sent a text and what the text says.

I tried switching to go sms pro and disabling the stock app but all that did was stop me from receiving any text messages. You have to keep the stock app active.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. I am about to get my Note 3 here in the next few days and saw this thread. Do all these texting apps use your actual phone number? Sorry, but I'm making the switch from iPhone and have limited android experience.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. I am about to get my Note 3 here in the next few days and saw this thread. Do all these texting apps use your actual phone number? Sorry, but I'm making the switch from iPhone and have limited android experience.

Yes, it replaces the stock messaging app.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I am on stock but with the note 2 I was on jellybeans rom and I think it was the stock google messaging app they used and when you pulled down the notification bar you could select reply or read without leaving what ever you are doing, would like to see that on the N3

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the stock app and haven't figured out how to disable the screen from turning on when I get a text. If I uncheck preview message, the screen still comes on but it doesn't display any info such as who sent a text and what the text says.

I tried switching to go sms pro and disabling the stock app but all that did was stop me from receiving any text messages. You have to keep the stock app active.

No you do not. I don't know what you're doing but the stock app definitely does not need to be kept on at lest not with Textra. Also when it comes to the screen goin on I believ there's no way to shut that off in the stock app but you can with textra.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've used ChompSMS for years but...... I wouldn't mind the stock if I could change one thing.. Any way to make the text smaller? It's so big and takes up so much room for no reason... That's my only hate with it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I've used ChompSMS for years but...... I wouldn't mind the stock if I could change one thing.. Any way to make the text smaller? It's so big and takes up so much room for no reason... That's my only hate with it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Yes with the volume button or by pinching the text.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Yes, if there is one thing I can't stand is the screen turning on when you receive a text and part of the text is showing... I would love to disable but I have tried everything but I have not been able to...anyone had any success turning it off?

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
You can disable that. Open up the app, click your menu button to open up settings, click on notifications and turn off the quick reply pop up, or you can leave that on, but scroll down a little further (in the same notifications page) and click on privacy. There you have a few options to choose from, or you can turn it off completely.
VyBlJQY.png

YEFwDmN.png

tap'n

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21