How is everyone transferring data to N3 ?

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I keep all my movies, mp3s, photos on the external SD card, so whenever I switch phones (and it's a lot) I just plug in my microSD card.

For apps, I never re-auto download all my previous apps, I just log back in to google play and select the apps I want.

All in all, it usually only takes me about 30-mins to setup a new phone the way I want it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I keep all my movies, mp3s, photos on the external SD card, so whenever I switch phones (and it's a lot) I just plug in my microSD card.

For apps, I never re-auto download all my previous apps, I just log back in to google play and select the apps I want.

All in all, it usually only takes me about 30-mins to setup a new phone the way I want it.

Exactly. ...but I have to set up Nova and change all my icons...it takes me a bit longer than 30 minutes. :)

Melinium

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
64G card with music, pictures, wallpapers and videos, Google Play to install the applications. When i need to transfert something i use FX with the FX Plus Add-on to connect directly to my QNAP NAS via Wifi, if this is some big files like a movie i plug the Memory Card in my laptop. i use the USB cable only when i have few files to transfert.

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I keep all my movies, mp3s, photos on the external SD card

For apps, ... I just log back in to google play and select the apps I want.

Same for me, and I agree it doesn't take too much time. Configuring the launcher takes a little effort and some app data seems to get lost in the transition, but all the important stuff seems to be covered. I don't change phones (or ROMs) much though, so I only have to do this every few years.

If I can sidetrack a bit, I had a lot of apps moved to the SD card on my old phone. Since I don't need to do that on the Note 3, my SD card probably has a bunch of files I can get rid of now. Can anyone tell me or point me to some info on how to clean up App2SD stuff on my memory card? Thanks!

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Since my Rezound wasn't rooted, I can't use TiB to perform a swap. I thus downloaded Backup Pro which has a feature that allows you to transfer data over wifi. Now to find a Wifi connection...

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Same for me, and I agree it doesn't take too much time. Configuring the launcher takes a little effort and some app data seems to get lost in the transition, but all the important stuff seems to be covered. I don't change phones (or ROMs) much though, so I only have to do this every few years.

If I can sidetrack a bit, I had a lot of apps moved to the SD card on my old phone. Since I don't need to do that on the Note 3, my SD card probably has a bunch of files I can get rid of now. Can anyone tell me or point me to some info on how to clean up App2SD stuff on my memory card? Thanks!

I came from my S4 where I had apps installed on the SD card. I then switched phone to the G Pro and since it was android 4.1 (and didn't support apps on SD) it went a little haywire - It corrupted a bunch of my files :( I had to format my 64GB card in Fat32, and re-copy all my stuff. When I got my N3, I just removed the card from the G Pro and it worked perfectly right away on the N3.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am not transferring crap. I always enter the contacts by hand when I get a new device.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance