Any one Knew android does not work with your cars usb

hoekapika

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello every one first post here I have been team iPhone since day one the 5s just did not do it for me so I went ahead and purchased the note 3 love it ..only thing it does not play in my cars usb just says error any advice on this please

Posted via Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a ibolt dock that plugs into a usb port I put into the car lighter. Plug the charging arm into the phone and my media comes out my car radio

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a ibolt dock that plugs into a usb port I put into the car lighter. Plug the charging arm into the phone and my media comes out my car radio

So the audio goes though the charging cable like iPhone? Charge and audio through same cable?

alex346

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine seems to work great ... I've got a Ford f150 with sync and I've tried playing music via USB cable and blue tooth ... I've had no issues with either so far both methods have worked just great

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a Dodge Ram, and have zero issues via usb, or bluetooth. Also, I've used the aux cord many times with out any issue. Dunno what to tell ya for advice, but I don't think it has to do with the phone

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

engine12c

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Dodge Ram, and have zero issues via usb, or bluetooth. Also, I've used the aux cord many times with out any issue. Dunno what to tell ya for advice, but I don't think it has to do with the phone

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
jayp1306 Good Morning, I assume you have U Connect in your Ram ? If so, by any chance have you been able to get your text messages through U Connect ? I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ U Connect and the messages would read from my HTC EVO, but not from the Note 3... Thanks

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but it's a 2 headed cable, one is usb, other goes in aux

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
What's doing me in is that stupid installer that loads up initially. I've tried disabling, but it keeps trying to push Verizon's installer. I'm trying to find a way to disable that installer feature for now.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
My 2011 sonata requires a "special" usb cable to allow it says the dealer. I just plug it in to charge and use BT for mine. Can you stream through BT to your radio?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
jayp1306 Good Morning, I assume you have U Connect in your Ram ? If so, by any chance have you been able to get your text messages through U Connect ? I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ U Connect and the messages would read from my HTC EVO, but not from the Note 3... Thanks

Did you download the UConnect App to your phone and sign in and all that?

hoekapika

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
It is set as a media device my iPhone always connected through the built In USB drive in my 2013 scion xD but the droid gives me a error

posted via my Galaxy Note 3

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've done a little more research on this, and the phone tries to run as an "installer" for a few seconds after it's plugged in. My USB connection at this point is trying to read the storage. Once the phone is finished with its "installer", that's just enough time for my radio to time out. I think if we can disable the poorly designed installer, that may help with a lot of issues. Just my ?02

hoekapika

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Any help on this would be great I'm so used to use me audio controls on my steering wheel. bluetooth is not an option for my car

posred via my Galaxy Note 3

crandis16

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello. First post here. I primarily use my ipod touch to play music in my car. I too would like to be able to pay music via usb on my deck.

The reason is aux isn't as loud. The phone uses power to send voltage through the aux jack as opposed to the deck reading the ipod/cell phone. Also devices will distort at higher volumes on aux. You may not be able to hear it but hook it up to an oscilloscope and you will see clipping.

I don't want to use bluetooth because you lose sound quality. I compete in car audio competitions and car audio is my hobby, so that rules out aux and bluetooth.

Has anyone tried rooting their phone and partitioning the drive fire decks to read as a mass storage drive like a flash drive?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

crandis16

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Can you even play lossless sound through the car USB port?

I use USB drive with music and test tones for competitions. We have used an oscilloscope to play a test tone and sey ask the gains so that it doesn't read any clipping. Gary being said, is virtually impossible to maintain a 100% distorting free file.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a very hard time understanding what you were trying to say. Sounds like you have a flash drive that is able to play lossless through your radio?

crandis16

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a very hard time understanding what you were trying to say. Sounds like you have a flash drive that is able to play lossless through your radio?

Yup. I keep my 0db tracks on a flash drive for competitions. I found some apps that I have downloaded for Android. The big brands like pioneer have them. They allow for your Android device to be detected by your deck. They being said, it had to be Android compatible deck. Once u get out to soothe audio shop I want to test out the apps that I got and see how I like it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk