Brand Spanking new phone, lots of force stops, why!

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Every time I go to settings>device>lock screen>wake up in lock screen. Go into the options for this settings. Every time I go into the settings for that setting the phone freezes and settings is forced to force close.

This is the second device I have had, returned the first one thinking it was just a one off issue. This must be an issue the phone, I am with AT&T. Can someone please let me know if they are seeing this issue also?

Last edited:

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Brand Spanking new Iphone, lots of force stops, why!

Hey guys, I literally just got this phone ( moved from iphone :)). I am instantly in love, but I am suffering some severe force stops. For example in settings as soon as I touch lock screen wake up commands my phone just freezes and force stops. Every single time, even after restarting the device. Anybody have any idea what the deal is here? Its pretty frustrating, I cant even set up the device.
That does not sound good. I would do a factory reset (its a pain, but it should fix it). If it doesn't then take it back and have them replace it.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I think he is referring to the Note3 since in brackets he wrote move from IPhone however, I just don't know what is he talking about. In settings lock screen as soon as I touch the wake up command ??? I checked mine and I don't have that.

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

I did a factory reset and it fixed the issue, but now it has started again. My exact issue is going to settings>device>lock screen>wake up in lock screen. As soon as I touch "wake up in lock screen" the phone freezes, then i get the error message "unfortunately settings has stopped" . Like I said I already did a factory reset, and the issue is back. Any idea what this could be? Do I need to just return this device, is it faulty? That would be such a pain, it would be my 3rd time setting this thing up, and it takes forever! Let me know what you guys think...

I think he is referring to the Note3 since in brackets he wrote move from IPhone however, I just don't know what is he talking about. In settings lock screen as soon as I touch the wake up command ??? I checked mine and I don't have that.

jamal2323

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

I did a factory reset and it fixed the issue, but now it has started again. My exact issue is going to settings>device>lock screen>wake up in lock screen. As soon as I touch "wake up in lock screen" the phone freezes, then i get the error message "unfortunately settings has stopped" . Like I said I already did a factory reset, and the issue is back. Any idea what this could be? Do I need to just return this device, is it faulty? That would be such a pain, it would be my 3rd time setting this thing up, and it takes forever! Let me know what you guys think...

I would just take it back. Not worth the hassle. Get a new one and try the lockscreen thing before you leave the store just to be on the safe side.

Posted via Android Central App

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

geez just had another force stop, this time it said from weather. This is not a good first impression for my android experience. I understand that I can take it back, but if all this is happening on night one, how can I rely on this device for two years?

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

Do you have any widgets installed & running? I had a Zillow widget running on my Note 2 the other day & it was knocking out my GPS & coming up with an error.

Cheers & good luck, Jon

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

I am running the stock calendar widget, twitter widget and yahoo weather.

Do you have any widgets installed & running? I had a Zillow widget running on Note 2 the other day & it was cause knocking out my GPS & coming up with an error.

Cheers & good luck, Jon

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

geez just had another force stop, this time it said from weather. This is not a good first impression for my android experience. I understand that I can take it back, but if all this is happening on night one, how can I rely on this device for two years?

You have never had a bad Idevice?? Sometimes it happens bad firmware, bad reflash from the carrier etc. Also if you have a SD card installed, reformat the card and see if the problems persist.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I am with TMobile and I double checked those settings and I don't have the wake up choice.... Sorry I couldn't help.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I checked my ATT phone, and I don't see that setting either.

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

hmmm I guess this is a setting just for ATT. Essentially it allows you to wake up the device using a custom command. For example "yo open camera"

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
3eve4y8u.jpg
I do have that option on my sprint

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Wake up in lock screen causing settings to force close?

Hey guys just wanted to post a quick update. I returned the device and now I have a new one. It is still freezing up as soon as I go in to the the lock screen wake up command configurations. At this point I have to image that this a bug with the phone. Can some please let me know if they are having this issue.

settings>device>lock screen>wake up in lock screen. Go into the options for this settings. Every time I go into the settings for that setting the phone freezes and settings is forced to force close.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just tried this and I have no force closes or anything. Tried it twice! I'm on Sprint version if that makes a difference.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note? 3

pnizzle20

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Very bizarre! It is so bizarre because it is my second device, and I have the same exact issue. I am wondering if it is just ATT .

Just tried this and I have no force closes or anything. Tried it twice! I'm on Sprint version if that makes a difference.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note? 3

aclerk

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
have you tried making sure S voice is active? maybe you didnt set up s-voice yet, or it's turned off by default? i know i deactivated my s-voice as soon as i got it.

otherwise, have you tried changing the lock screen from swipe to something else? then back?

if you press the Home button what happens? does s-voice come up?