Lag - LockScreen

Sweeet1102

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, we the screen is off since fews minutes and i press the Power Button or the Home Button, the screen take almost 2 secondes to wake-up...

It is normal ? My S3 doesn't do that..

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Go to home screen, hit home button 2x to bring S Voice up. Go into the S Voice setting and turn off feature to start when home button hit 2x. Doing this will speed up the home button functionality.

Ian B

PonderDroid

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
2 seconds seems too long and I would say is "odd". (Based on my Note 3)

I will say mine is about 500msecs-1second at most to light up screen. It may be my imagination, but it seems like if its been inactive for a while, it tends towards the longer.

The suggestion to turn off S-voice from double pressing home key does "seem" to speed things up.
But having this feature tied to the home button is very convenient -- and better than voice wake up "Hi Galaxy" which affects battery.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
For me it's almost instantaneous. I press the power button and the screen comes on before the button pops back out.

Do you have power-saving mode turned on? Lots of background activity?

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ditto mine comes right on. At best if still doing reboot from factory clearing out everything and I bet will fix your issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

Sweeet1102

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think a find something, it is maybe the Auto Brigthness. When is OFF, the screen open directly, but with Auto, it is a bit slow...

Try that.

lbccpt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm very frustrated with the lock/awake screen lag. I tried all of these suggestions as well with no luck. It seems once it wakes it then quickly reacts to the power button on/off perfectly, but then after the phone sits idle asleep for a little while (a minute or 2) it then lags for 2-3 seconds when I press the power button to wake it

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I haven't tested mine that much, but it does seem like there's a little lag when hit the power button. I'm using Tasker with some recipes related to the screen on/off though, so it could be causing some of the lag as those recipes run and do their thing. It doesn't seem that long to me though, maybe 1 second? It doesn't really bother me though, and I'm pretty sure the Note 3 wakes up faster than my old Epic used to.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm very frustrated with the lock/awake screen lag. I tried all of these suggestions as well with no luck. It seems once it wakes it then quickly reacts to the power button on/off perfectly, but then after the phone sits idle asleep for a little while (a minute or 2) it then lags for 2-3 seconds when I press the power button to wake it

My Note 2 does the same thing. If it's been idle for a while, it will take about a second to wake the device. If I'm using the device, then decide to turn it off and back on again, it doesn't do it.
I assumed they would have fixed this issue on the Note 3. It seems as tough they have not.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I was experiencing the same thing as you guys, I disabled S Voice and nothing. I disabled the magazine and nothing, besides having problem with getting lots of Edge signals so I called Samsung and Tmobile and they were not aware of the problem. Tmobile told me that if I wanted to exchange it I could do so since I was still withing the 30 days try out. So I went to the store and told the rep there and of course he told me that I had to many apps that were unnecessary and that probably the reason and to turn this off and this other off and so on. I told him what is the reason to buy a Merzedes if I have to get rid of the radio and put different set of tires ? same here with this phone. We went back and forth until I told him that I was not there to deal and wheel and to read the notes from Tmobile headquarters and to give me a new phone, at the end he did. But this is what I discovered, the new screen responded instantly to the touch of either home or power button until I inserted the SD Card (Samsung brand). It started all over again with the difference that it is a bit faster than the previous phone. I googled this problem and I found from other people that the memory card is supposed to be the cause of the problem and that this happened also with the Note 2. I guess I could put up with the lag on the wake up part of it but one that it hassle is when I have been on the phone for a while and I move the phone away from my ear, I have to wait for about 3 or 4 seconds for the screen to become live in order to hang up. So far the only thing I was able to fix completely was the connectivity part, 4G/LTE stays up 99 % of the time.

lbccpt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if a brand new SD card that is formatted from the phone would fix it. Maybe swapping from phone to phone for the last 5 years without formatting is the problem.

I was experiencing the same thing as you guys, I disabled S Voice and nothing. I disabled the magazine and nothing, besides having problem with getting lots of Edge signals so I called Samsung and Tmobile and they were not aware of the problem. Tmobile told me that if I wanted to exchange it I could do so since I was still withing the 30 days try out. So I went to the store and told the rep there and of course he told me that I had to many apps that were unnecessary and that probably the reason and to turn this off and this other off and so on. I told him what is the reason to buy a Merzedes if I have to get rid of the radio and put different set of tires ? same here with this phone. We went back and forth until I told him that I was not there to deal and wheel and to read the notes from Tmobile headquarters and to give me a new phone, at the end he did. But this is what I discovered, the new screen responded instantly to the touch of either home or power button until I inserted the SD Card (Samsung brand). It started all over again with the difference that it is a bit faster than the previous phone. I googled this problem and I found from other people that the memory card is supposed to be the cause of the problem and that this happened also with the Note 2. I guess I could put up with the lag on the wake up part of it but one that it hassle is when I have been on the phone for a while and I move the phone away from my ear, I have to wait for about 3 or 4 seconds for the screen to become live in order to hang up. So far the only thing I was able to fix completely was the connectivity part, 4G/LTE stays up 99 % of the time.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech