Lag - LockScreen

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if a brand new SD card that is formatted from the phone would fix it. Maybe swapping from phone to phone for the last 5 years without formatting is the problem.
Could be... I just transferred it from my S4 without formatting, but on the other hand how many of people posting in different forums is actually not doing it ?.....I don't know, my S4 did not do that with the SD card I transferred from my S3.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
This was really bothering me, but disabling Magazine helped fix it for me.
I have done that and got rid of the S Voice but even with the new phone still doing it. The only thing that made sense to me from the TMobile rep was that the Note3 goes into a deep sleep in order to save battery and therefore it takes a while to wake up all the way. Some how I think there should be a setting for how deep to allow the phone to into stand by ......

insperatus

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Just signed up to let you guys know, it was the memory card. I was having issues with the lock screen wake lag and when I removed my mem card it cleared it up. I've had the mini sd card through 3 cell phones so there could be a conflict with that.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
The lag came back. Took out the SD card and it was gone again. Hopefully for good. Kinda sucks not having an SD card, but that lag was just ridiculous.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I already contacted Samsung about this ......maybe you guys need to do the same since no one oils a machine that it doesn't squeaks ...... perhaps they can fix this problem with an update ...............

insperatus

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
How did you contact them, by which email or contact information? Has anyone else tried to use a different brand of mini SD card, like ScanDisk?

Mine was a samsung miniSD

slhawkins

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a relatively old thread, but I figured I'd bring it back up to post my two cents.

I was having trouble with my phone not showing the unlock screen. I'd press the power button and after a couple of seconds would have to press it a couple more times before the screen finally came on. I removed the ADATA MicroSD card and it works perfectly now. I press the power button and the lock screens pops up as it should.

Definitely weird, but I too will be contacting Samsung about the problem.

NTopSpeeD

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem and it drove me crazy. at first, i thought it was a faulty Micro-SD card, and I bought another one (Samsung 32gb) but i still had lag. I removed the card completely and now I have zero lag. that's bad, I wanted to use that card (after coming from 2 Nexus phones without a option to have one).

shriac

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
same thing happens to me. If I lock/unlock quickly i see the delay but if I leave the phone idle for 10-15 seconds it wakes up immediately

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
How did you contact them, by which email or contact information? Has anyone else tried to use a different brand of mini SD card, like ScanDisk?

Mine was a samsung miniSD
Sorry I didn't answer your question but I have been away from here for a while. I way I did it was that I went into the Samsung.com and I chatted lived with some one from support and advised them of the problem. I still have the transcripts from such conversation.

Androfono

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
The lag came back. Took out the SD card and it was gone again. Hopefully for good. Kinda sucks not having an SD card, but that lag was just ridiculous.

With my S5 i only experienced the slow unlock problem after i upgraded to Marshmallow. Fortunately my solution was easy : i de-activated my ALWAYS ON AMOLED app. Problem solved. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary