Chrome is trying to download flash videos instead of streaming...Please help

kool_zero

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
As the title says, when I try to watch a flash video via Chrome, it automatically starts downloading the file. I don't want to do this. I simply want to stream it. I could do this on my iPhone via Chrome. Can anyone advise?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Flash is not supported in chrome at all. And by default flash probably isn't installed on the NOTE 3 unless you sideloaded it. If you sideloaded it try a different browser as I think most still will use the legacy plug in if it is installed.

I was also under the impression that Steve Jobs swore that Flash would never be supported on any of the mobile devices. Are you sure that you were using flash before?

kool_zero

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Flash is not supported in chrome at all. And by default flash probably isn't installed on the NOTE 3 unless you sideloaded it. If you sideloaded it try a different browser as I think most still will use the legacy plug in if it is installed.

I was also under the impression that Steve Jobs swore that Flash would never be supported on any of the mobile devices. Are you sure that you were using flash before?

I am 100% sure it was NOT flash, but more than likely HTML5 or something similar. I was trying to watch an episode from vidto.me. I am not sure how the iPhone worked it out with Chrome, but it would open it's own media player. Perhaps I am still just at the beggining part of a Novice Android user and do not know how to make this function the way I would like it to.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you use the regular browser on the NOTE 3 and not chrome it will prompt you what to do with the videos from that site. It asked me if i wanted to play it with the built in video player or download it.

Chrome didn't do that. So that may just be something chrome is lacking.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
If you use the regular browser on the NOTE 3 and not chrome it will prompt you what to do with the videos from that site. It asked me if i wanted to play it with the built in video player or download it.

Chrome didn't do that. So that may just be something chrome is lacking.

If you play those back with the built in player, are you experiencing choppy playback?

Posted via Android Central App

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Vplayer allows you to stream the video. I like the fact that I can download videos. So I can watch them later and not worry about having signal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

k425

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Try this...

Naked Browser or Naked Browser Pro. Very light footprint (112kb!), quick, text reflow, flash, tabs, gestures, etc .

Let me know what you think. I am probably going to make this my default browser. Though I will say the UI is not the prettiest...

"Naked Browser"
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.fevdev.nakedbrowser&token=dfFkIpm6

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app