T-Mobile MMS Issues

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
A few days ago I started having issues sending and receiving MMS messages, with both the stock messaging app as well as third party apps like GoSMS and Textra. I put a trouble ticket in with T-Mobile, but have yet to hear back from them upper tier tech support. I got tired of waiting and did my own research on T-Mobile APN settings. Based on the information I found, I built a custom APN and now my MMS is working perfectly.

The only differences I can see between the stock APN and my custom APN are the settings for APN TYPE and APN PROTOCOL. The stock APN TYPE is "default, mms, supl" and my CUSTOM is "not set". The stock APN PROTOCOL is "IPv6" and my CUSTOM is "IPv4".

Just wondering if there are any other GN3 users on T-Mobile who are having similar issues?

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
A few days ago I started having issues sending and receiving MMS messages, with both the stock messaging app as well as third party apps like GoSMS and Textra. I put a trouble ticket in with T-Mobile, but have yet to hear back from them upper tier tech support. I got tired of waiting and did my own research on T-Mobile APN settings. Based on the information I found, I built a custom APN and now my MMS is working perfectly.

The only differences I can see between the stock APN and my custom APN are the settings for APN TYPE and APN PROTOCOL. The stock APN TYPE is "default, mms, supl" and my CUSTOM is "not set". The stock APN PROTOCOL is "IPv6" and my CUSTOM is "IPv4".

Just wondering if there are any other GN3 users on T-Mobile who are having similar issues?

I have not had any issues. Just wondering if changing the protocol back to IPv6 would let it work for you. When IPv4 is retired, you might have issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair