How much power does power saving mode save?

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering this every since I found out what this mode does
CPU power saving: Limit the maximum performance of the CPU to conserve battery power.
Screen power saving: Use a low power level for your device's screen to conserve battery power.
Turn off haptic feedback: Turn the haptic feedback option off to conserve battery power.
How much does this feature slow down the cpu and how much does power do you save from that
Also I herd the screen power saver lowers screen refresh rate which lowers power kind of like what Lg G2 says their graphics ram does
If someone has a way to test this let me know your results and have you had any noticeable change in performance using this feature

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I also wonder how this affects performance? I'm using it only to get dimmer screen at night. Would prefer not to use other battery saving features.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
If you only want to dim brightness download and try something like Yetanother auto brightness (YAAB) from the store.

It goes lower than stock and had a night mode

Posted via Android Central App

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Well i herd you can edit the power saver mode. Should be able to change the brightness and keep the processor dialed down. From what I read, it looks like its suppose to do some really neat power saving. I wouldn't mind slowing it down alittle and dropping screen refresh rates for 30 more minutes of battery life

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz