spare charging cable?

aceniza

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
hi all, l bought a couple of USB 3.0 Cables ( amazon brand ) and they were very nice, but the 3.0 side was HUGE!

wouldn't went with my case, would probably Work with the s-view though. Cable Was thick too

anyone get a budget friendly 6' cable yet?

-Armand

Sent from my Apple Galaxy

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
hi all, l bought a couple of USB 3.0 Cables ( amazon brand ) and they were very nice, but the 3.0 side was HUGE!

wouldn't went with my case, would probably Work with the s-view though. Cable Was thick too

-Armand

I have some in my cart at Amazon. I just keep putting off doing the checkout in case I think of something else to get. I never thought to pay attention to the plug part. Is that where you're having an issue getting it close enough, because the plastic part isn't letting it get enough contact?

snc0921

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

-Armand

I bought those same cables from Amazon. They work fine with the S-view case. They won't work with the Spigen Neo case. The Neo case is also too thick for the Samsung dock. I use the dock for the Desk Clock feature (when sleeping, I have the desk clock running while docked).

aceniza

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have some in my cart at Amazon. I just keep putting off doing the checkout in case I think of something else to get. I never thought to pay attention to the plug part. Is that where you're having an issue getting it close enough, because the plastic part isn't letting it get enough contact?
yup... plud they are extremely thick, the cable itself...

i do plan to get the s-view in the future though

-Armand

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I just use the cable that I received with my 1TB MyPassport from buy.com for about $60. Works great and is especially useful when I'm tethered to my laptop.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Can you share the links to the cables?

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Darn, I placed an order for the 3 feet cable (it's currently out of stock - they're going to ship it when it becomes available) mainly to use in my car. My phone has a Caseology case. Didn't think about the tip not fitting :/

Have you found any yet that works with a case?

Last edited:

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, here's the link but I wouldn't recommend these particular cables. They are thick and stiff, I don't know if that's standard but I doubt it. Also, one of them didn't work. Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B (9 Feet / 2.7 Meters): Computers & Accessories Consider the link a warning rather than an endorsement. :(

Don't tell me that lol I just had their 3 ft USB 3 cable delivered. Thanks for the links though. Hopefully their USB 3 cable isn't stiff

Sent from my note 3

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't tell me that lol I just had their 3 ft USB 3 cable delivered. Thanks for the links though. Hopefully their USB 3 cable isn't stiff

Sent from my note 3
For the price, it's a good deal. My N3 charges from around 50 percent to 100 in an hour and a half. I plug it in when I get my first coffee and it's ready to go by the time I leave for work. So.... it does what I need it to but if I ever find a nicer cable I won't mind replacing it. I figure that when usb 3.0 becomes more common new cables will show up that will be nicer.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
For the price, it's a good deal. My N3 charges from around 50 percent to 100 in an hour and a half. I plug it in when I get my first coffee and it's ready to go by the time I leave for work. So.... it does what I need it to but if I ever find a nicer cable I won't mind replacing it. I figure that when usb 3.0 becomes more common new cables will show up that will be nicer.

You were right lol. It's stiff and doesn't want to stay in the port that well (obligatory that's what she said joke).

Sent from my note 3

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
If you're only using it as a spare charging cable, why not just a regular micro USB? $5.50 for the Amazon brand which are great quality. The USB 3.0 cables only help for data transfer, not charging rate.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a spare 3.0 cable for charging in my car. I will recommend to take the consideration of a case and the thickness of the USB cable's end in mind. I'm using a Spigen SlimArmor case currently and the end of the eBay cable has to be pushed in more snugly because the resistance of the stiff protective rubber surrounding the USB port on the Note 3 makes for a less secure connection. However, I don't have this problem with the OEM Samsung USB cable I keep in the house; the end isn't as thick so a secure connection is guaranteed every time. I fully expect this to warp/weaken the rubber of the case that runs over the bezel above the port.

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Just trim them down to fit in the case. A utility knife will make the cable work with any case. Carefully trim off the fat areas at an angle 45-60 degrees and your in. I have 2 Spigen cases (Neo Hybrid & Bounce) and one Incipio ( ALL not worth buying in my opinion).

Last edited:

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
If you're only using it as a spare charging cable, why not just a regular micro USB? $5.50 for the Amazon brand which are great quality. The USB 3.0 cables only help for data transfer, not charging rate.

In my case, I can see myself struggling in the dark getting the 2.0 to go in.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463