charging habbit

Your charging habbit

• Total voters

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
This is a multi-choice poll.

I ask these questions because battery maintenance has many tricks, and I want to know how GNS3 users are normally doing. Or do you guys think a removable battery doesn't need careful maintenance, since you can swap for another when it goes bad?

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Put on charge when I go to bed take off when I wake up.

Will be from 15 - 60% depending how much I have used it.

Didn't last night as wanted to test how long I got and had 28 hours and still 20% left so if idling would have got another 5/6

Like you said replaceable battery so wouldn't worry. These batteries don't need calibrating from what I've read. Other advise is to charge often and not let if fully discharge.

Posted via Android Central App

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a GNex, I still reflexively plug it in everywhere I go. I was able to give it a little test yesterday, but not plugging it in and watching a lot of Netflix, installing apps, and audio streaming. It did a great job, but I had plans in the evening, so I topped it up in the afternoon.

BeyondMeasure

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Put on charge when I go to bed take off when I wake up
This is something ive always been anal about... my previous photon4g had a 1600mah battery so even 100% before bed i couldnt trust the percentage it would drop to on idle over night off the hook...
this was one of my first tests on the NIII... i find that at 100% before bed if i dont have it plugged in it only drops to about 97%.... (this is excellent if u ask me...

that marginal of drop i can plug it in and recover that loss during my morning activities before work...

yest was a great battery day..... i left at 7:30am for work... throught the days use (ig,ac.com,otherforums,streaming music from my phone,minimal gps use,and other functions) by 11:30 when i was ready to go to bed i still had 49% battery life....

it boils down to management... my wifi is only used when i need it etc....
i love this phone and its battery life!!!!!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
This is a multi-choice poll.

I ask these questions because battery maintenance has many tricks, and I want to know how GNS3 users are normally doing. Or do you guys think a removable battery doesn't need careful maintenance, since you can swap for another when it goes bad?

I follow two basic rules; avoid a deep discharge (below 10%) and avoid exposing the battery (or phone itself) to heat (ex. left in a hot car), both of which can take a heavy toll on battery health. Otherwise, in general I swap out for a fresh battery (have two along with the Samsung spare battery charger for my Note 2) when the charge is down to around 20%. The depleted battery is always left in the charger until needed which does a good job of keeping it at a full charge without overcharging it (something the phone itself also does if it's used to charge the battery). It's been almost a year now of swapping out a battery every other day (once a day during heavy use) and both batteries still provide the same run time as when they were new. In the end though, not much to worry about as worse case you can always get a new battery! :)

Edit: see this for some good info: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Stop over thinking things... just charge your battery when it gets low. There's no need for all these special battery "techniques" with current battery technology.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7