Lockscreen and widgets - your input needed

Joker8891

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello Note 3 fanatics,

I just switched from iOS (4S for 2+ years) to Android and I'm having a blast learning how to master the Note 3. However, I'm having trouble customizing the lock screen.

I downloaded Dash Clock widget and have customized it to look like this:
Screenshot_2013-10-12-12-13-08.jpg

However, when I receive a notification (email, hangout, txt), I have to pull down from the clock to look like this:
Screenshot_2013-10-12-12-16-24.jpg

Furthermore, it seems like I can't have this nice looking Dash Clock without enabling either the swipe to Camera or Favorite Apps.

There are several things I would like to accomplish with my lock screen:
  1. Not have to pull down from the clock when a notification is received-- keeping the screen permanently like the second screenshot.
  2. Preview messages.
  3. Screen turn on when a new notification is received.
  4. Link notification to the app for replying.
  5. Remove the Favorite App/Camera screen when swiping right-- make the lock screen a single widget.

Can my list be accomplished by any existing widget on the Play Store and without rooting? I'd like to avoid voiding my warranty for now besides the fact I'm scared since the closest thing to rooting I've ever done is jailbreak my old 4S. Thanks in advance for your input. (I've been lurking here since the Note 3 was announced)

Beagles329

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Question for you...how did you get your lock screen to look like that? This is something that I've been struggling with.

Sent from my Galaxy Note3

mactruck

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Question for you...how did you get your lock screen to look like that? This is something that I've been struggling with.

Dash clock app.
As for OP, I'm not sure there is a way. If there is, I'm interested too.

Posted via Android Central App

Joker8891

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Settings > Lock Screen > Enable Multiple Widgets.
Long press the lock screen and drag Dash Clock.

I believe you must have "swipe to unlock" to be able to have this widget. You can't have a pattern code to unlock for the widget to function. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Joker8891

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Dash clock app.
As for OP, I'm not sure there is a way. If there is, I'm interested too.

Posted via Android Central App

I thoroughly researched via Google. Appears to be a function of the native ROM + TouchWiz that prevents the auto-expand. Apparently I am one of many many users that have been requesting auto-expanded Dash Clock since May/June of this year. Maybe someone will be able to code it so that it works as requested.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante