Galaxy gear smart watch worth it?

RealRyhailey

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been watching a ton of YouTube reviews ant they seem to be very mixed. What do the people that have it think about it? Worth it or not?

Tappin on the Note 3 via TapTalk

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Not worth $299 ..... it will come down. I do want one, but will not pay more than $199 for sure .... not that much value there!

Cheers, Jon

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Loving mine. I would ignore the reviews. Using mine tons
I have even though of buying another to have another color

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

dallasfever

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I expect $199 price tag during the holidays. Maybe even $150. Not enough are being sold as they don't do much. Pebble does more then gear "besides s-voice"

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Not worth $299 ..... it will come down. I do want one, but will not pay more than $199 for sure .... not that much value there!

Cheers, Jon

How can you say "not much value there" if you don't actually own one?

Despite what the so called professional reviewers say, you should check out the Gear forums or other threads on this forum and read the comments of those who actually have the device.

I paid $299 for mine and the value is more than there. The ability to read email, read and respond to text, make and receive phone calls, take photos and short videos, and even be notified of traffic conditions and FB post all without ever picking up your phone is quite a value.

All this in a stylish and professional package with amazing battery life makes the GG one of the best values of the year.

Here are of just a few of the pictures taken with the Gear

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1381623963557.jpg
    1381623963557.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 1381623982479.jpg
    1381623982479.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 1381624006498.jpg
    1381624006498.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 168

RealRyhailey

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Despite what the so called professional reviewers say, you should check out the Gear forums or other threads on this forum and read the comments of those who actually have the device.

I paid $299 for mine and the value is more than there. The ability to read email, read and respond to text, make and receive phone calls, take photos and short videos, and even be notified of traffic conditions and FB post all without ever picking up your phone is quite a value.

All this in a stylish and professional package with amazing battery life makes the GG one of the best values of the year.

Here are of just a few of the pictures taken with the Gear

Thank you sir you just swayed me right there ordered at best buy will be picking it up within the hour.

octobermagic

Jun 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
Let's realize, if this was an Apple product, all those reviewers would be referring to this as "Revolutionary".

I had doubts, but the proof was in the pudding. I bought one, and really like it a lot. Just the phone call feature alone is magnificent, let alone everything else DAS described, make it a worthy product.

I just hope Samsung puts some weight behind the development for this. This product has made me see the value of a smart watch.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you sir you just swayed me right there ordered at best buy will be picking it up within the hour.

Let us know what you think! I think that you will enjoy it. One hint is to sync your GMail through your email app on your Note 3 instead of the GMail app. That way, you can read your GMail on your Gear. There are other tips and tricks in the Galaxy Gear sub-forum on AC.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I expect $199 price tag during the holidays. Maybe even $150. Not enough are being sold as they don't do much. Pebble does more then gear "besides s-voice"

What reliable information do you have that has convinced you they are not selling well?

The Pebble is a good device. It has value, and has a target market. But the Gear is in a class its own, and not just because of s-voice. It has other features and use cases not currently available on any other smartwatch.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

"All this in a stylish and professional package with amazing battery life makes the GG one of the best values of the year."

What kind of battery life are you getting out of it?

octobermagic

Jun 9, 2010
www.facebook.com

How long has Pebble been around? Going back to kickstarter days?

I love seeing products like Pebble "make it". To me, their HUGE advantage is that they support both IOS and Android.

One reason prices would be dropped on the gear would be huge amount of inventory left over. So far, I don't believe that's the case. Another would be Samsung not opening the gear up to other phones in the galaxy series.

I believe you "might" see a plastic version of the gear (like the 5C) for the Holidays at $199. I don't believe the Gear as it is today will be marked down before the rumors of it's successor this time next year.

Ed Downing

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been using it all day and it's great. My wife has the iphone and I have the note 3 and gear and we both been taking pictures. Believe it or not the watch takes just as good pictures as the iphone and the note 3 just blows the iphone away, to the point where she said you take all the pictures cause they look better than mine....lolol

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Let's realize, if this was an Apple product, all those reviewers would be referring to this as "Revolutionary".

I had doubts, but the proof was in the pudding. I bought one, and really like it a lot. Just the phone call feature alone is magnificent, let alone everything else DAS described, make it a worthy product.

I just hope Samsung puts some weight behind the development for this. This product has made me see the value of a smart watch.

U got that right about it being an Apple product. I really want one ... My only concern is that with my luck the GG2 will be out in March 2014 and it will be water proof with a stainless steel band for the same price.

Posted via Android Central App

dallasfever

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Das the watch is going for 210.00 on Tmobile. 30% off coupons available everywhere. So for the watch to be $20 cheaper then 210 this Thanksgiving is very feasible. The way you know the watch is not selling it's full potential is due to the fact you can only use with 2 devices. Small market for the Note 3 although we all might own one. Yes in another yr I'm sure Note 2/S4 will get a update from some carriers but it want be before next yr. But I'm not here to argue as I will get one when the price goes down in a couple months. If it doesn't I guess I will be wrong... Hopefully life still continues.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
What kind of battery life are you getting out of it?

I took it off the charger this morning at 5:20 to go running. I have received multiple emails, text messages, made and received a few phone calls, and took some pictures. It has been connected to my GN3 the entire time.

It's now 9:12 pm in Texas and my battery level on the Gear is at 67%.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

abalboa3

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had my Gear+Note3 combo for a week now, and have zero regrets. Great design, functionality, and I don't worry about battery life at all (on either device). Is there room for improvement in the Gear? Absolutely, it's a Gen1 device. I'm sure more software tweaks, and features will be introduced. I have a career that does not allow me to check my phone whenever I want so it is nice to have notifications on my wrist, especially with my pregnant wife. I have even taken some decent pics with the Gear. The camera is not going to win any awards, but the quality is great to capture some info, or for a quick post on social networks.

Honestly though, the main reason I bought the Gear was because I wanted a watch like Penny from Inspector Gadget, and D.Tracy (auto edits the first name out), haha. I actually told that to the sales rep when I bought it before I even got to see Samsung's commercials (which are great). I feel like I have a little piece of the future that was hinted at from my childhood. Now I just need to wait for my hover-board, and a way materialize any meal instantly.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Das the watch is going for 210.00 on Tmobile. 30% off coupons available everywhere. So for the watch to be $20 cheaper then 210 this Thanksgiving is very feasible. The way you know the watch is not selling it's full potential is due to the fact you can only use with 2 devices. Small market for the Note 3 although we all might own one. Yes in another yr I'm sure Note 2/S4 will get a update from some carriers but it want be before next yr. But I'm not here to argue as I will get one when the price goes down in a couple months. If it doesn't I guess I will be wrong... Hopefully life still continues.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

T-Mobile is not honoring that. Just an FYI
T-Mobile cancels Galaxy Gear orders with discount code | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

octobermagic

Jun 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
I've been using it all day and it's great. My wife has the iphone and I have the note 3 and gear and we both been taking pictures. Believe it or not the watch takes just as good pictures as the iphone and the note 3 just blows the iphone away, to the point where she said you take all the pictures cause they look better than mine....lolol

The 5S has an INCREDIBLE camera. No way my Gear touches that or the 1020 I have. Works great for what it is though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7