note 3 gets a little hot

harvardlim99

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, just got my note 3 and after watching some videos on YouTube, checking on facebook and chatting on whatsapp for not a long time..... it gets a little warm on the camera area. .... Any ways of stopping this? Please help. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can turn on power save and lower the brightness

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Alex Atkin UK

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine has gotten REALLY hot when in certain games which was a little alarming at first. However I then quit the game and the temperature seemed to drop very fast, which suggests the heat dissipation of the chip is extremely good so unlikely to be a problem.

I would say just keep your hand away from the metal around the camera as its obviously being used as a heatsink for the SoC. My only worry is that the heat might damage the camera, but surely they thought of that?

The ONLY time I can see it really being a problem is when using the phone. The glass and metal earpiece area gets hot too, would be pretty uncomfortable on your ear. I haven't had it get very hot watching videos or YouTube though, certainly not like how it did just now in a game.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can't stop it. It's normal. It's just like when you use a car it warms up... Well using data by watching YouTube.. Which also has the screen on.. Will warm it up some.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

BMC1

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
My note 3 gets hot and loses battery life so quickly! I have upgraded from a Note 2 and the note 3 loses battery so much quicker. When I take take of the Note 3 from the charger at 7.30am by 12 noon the battery is down to 50%, my note 2 will be 81/83% . with the note 3 I am worried that it will lose all its power by 4/5pm so have to top up with a charge. The note 2 would last me all day! Any one else has this problem. Yes I have purchased 2 more batteries to swap accross but I think something is wrong. (Ps the usage I think is moderate use eg no video etc)

shlomoreuven

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
My note 3 gets hot and loses battery life so quickly! I have upgraded from a Note 2 and the note 3 loses battery so much quicker. When I take take of the Note 3 from the charger at 7.30am by 12 noon the battery is down to 50%, my note 2 will be 81/83% . with the note 3 I am worried that it will lose all its power by 4/5pm so have to top up with a charge. The note 2 would last me all day! Any one else has this problem. Yes I have purchased 2 more batteries to swap accross but I think something is wrong. (Ps the usage I think is moderate use eg no video etc)

what is yours rom version?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Use gsam or other battery app and see what is draining battery. You can also use battery monitor widget to see how much battery is being drained with screen off

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20