Brightness of the Screen

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I am currently using S4 and most of you know that it's not as bright as most other phones and it's hard to see when use outside in the sun. So, I just want to know how is the Note 3 holding up compared to S4 in terms of the brightness?

Sent from my GT-I9500

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using S4 and most of you know that it's not as bright as most other phones and it's hard to see when use outside in the sun. So, I just want to know how is the Note 3 holding up compared to S4 in terms of the brightness?

Sent from my GT-I9500

I got my note 3 on Friday and the screen brightness is terrific. Best phone I've had so far.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my GT-I9500

It seems super bright indoors when it's up all the way, outdoors in full sunlight is less than perfect but if I stand to create a shadow over it it's very readable!

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe this will answer your question, this is from an article from DisplayMate. DisplayMate is a company that test screens from HD tv, cellphone screens and so on. I do not believe a lot of people may know this when you use your Note 3 outside in direct sunlight you have to use auto brightness on your note 3. The reason for this normal use the screen is about 400 nit however when using auto brightness in direct sunlight the screen goes from 400 nit to 660 nit which is impressive here is the article..

Impressive Brightness
Up until the Galaxy Note 3, OLED displays have been somewhat to significantly dimmer than competing LCD displays. The Note 3 has changed that in a big way…it’s an impressive 55 percent brighter than the Note II and a solid 25 percent brighter than the Galaxy S4. For most image content it provides over 400 cd/m2, comparable or higher than most LCD displays in this size class. Even more impressive is that when Automatic Brightness is turned on, the Note 3 hits an incredible 660 cd/m2 in high ambient light, where it’s needed (85 percent brighter than the Note II and 40 percent brighter than the Galaxy S4 with Automatic Brightness) – the brightest mobile display we have ever tested in the Shoot-Out series. An impressive achievement for OLEDs!

Galaxy Note 3 Display Technology Shoot-Out

Note that Auto Brightness mode can set the brightness higher than you can with the brightness slider.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my GT-I9500

I had an S4 and returned it because it didn't have enough memory, 16gb. I recently got a Note 3. The Note 3 is brighter than the S4.. In fact, the Note 3 is like an S4 on Steroids!!! :) Mind you, the S4 is great, I would have one now, if if they came with 32gb memory. IMO, the Note 3, took almost everything the S4 had and upped it.. :)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my GT-I9500

I have and used the S4 prior to the release of the Note 3. Quite frankly, I was not at all happy with the screen of the S4. It was almost always too dark for me. Whether I was inside, or out. If the display brightness was set for automatic it never seemed to get it right. Not to mention the horrible battery life even with the phone being so dim.

The Note 3 on the other hand has a flat out awesome screen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The Note 3 is definitely the brightest AMOLED I've ever seen... and you can see it outdoors.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci