10-21-2013 10:49 AM
26 12
tools
    First phone drop yesterday. ...my heart sank when it happened. It was one of those slow-motion deals where I couldn't react quickly enough if I tried....was riding bikes with my son, so I was on my "city bike" and we were riding on a multi use path with lots of seems...phone was in a backpack external mesh pocket in a handlebar-mounted wire basket.

Of course, my good case is still on order and the case that arrived same day as my phone was such cap I took it off after 10 minutes.

I hit a seam and the phone bounces out of the pack, out of the basket and onto the sidewalk....by now, I've craned my neck to see over my right shoulder.

The phone hits the sidewalk on the bottom right corner (not that I knew it then) and somersaults into the grass.

The battery cover and battery were both ejected. And, as I said, my heart sank. I stopped quickly and threw my bike down in the grass to left of the sidewalk. I love my bikes Island don't normally let them fall like that.

THE SCREEN WAS NOT SHATTERED, CRACKED OR OTHERWISE BLEMISHED!

Lesson learned. Next ride the phone goes inside the backpack.

On the road bike and mountain bike, I have jersey pockets and a Camelbak, respectively.

I CANNOT wait for my Spigen case and iLoome tempered glass screen protector to arrive this week!

Posted via Android Central App
    J HighNote and clevin like this.
    10-13-2013 08:02 AM
    My heart sank reading your story. Was the phone damaged at all. Any blemishes?

I really hope I don't ever drop mine but just thought of doing so makes me realize I really need an Otterbox Defender.
    10-13-2013 08:06 AM
    I had HOX for a year, dropped only once onto my table (~1ft), with no damage.

I am hesitate to put a big armor on, since it is already a very big phone. We shall see.
    10-13-2013 08:11 AM
    I had the note 2 for a week and using the flip cover while waiting on a defender case.

I had been keeping it in my vest pocket with success but I bent over a little to much and it fell out, the flip cover opening and landing glass first on a terrazzo floor.

I picked it up thinking it was broken and all I saw was a nick at the top of the screen so I used my fingernail to see if it was a piece of trash or a real nick.

As I touched it a crack appeared in the screen about 3 inches long. I was devastated.

Put up with it till I got the note 3. Now I'm happy happy happy......

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    10-13-2013 08:35 AM
    I have a handle bar mount for my note 2 with the otterbox case (slip grip) and I think the note 3 should fit as it almost fits with the incipio case (could probably use a couple foam pieces to hold it in place)
    My bike is an 1100cc so there is little chance of mine surviving if I drop it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk now Free
    AgentScribe likes this.
    10-13-2013 08:52 AM
    My heart sank reading your story. Was the phone damaged at all. Any blemishes?

I really hope I don't ever drop mine but just thought of doing so makes me realize I really need an Otterbox Defender.
    I consider it minor, but the corner that hit the concrete has about a 1/8 to 1/4 inch scratch where chrome paint was scratched off to reveal the plastic. Wife says it'll cost me $50 when I try to re-sell it someday. It's not gouged or scorched in any way though.

10-13-2013 09:44 AM
    I consider it minor, but the corner that hit the concrete has about a 1/8 to 1/4 inch scratch where chrome paint was scratched off to reveal the plastic. Wife says it'll cost me $50 when I try to re-sell it someday. It's not gouged or scorched in any way though.

I'm bummed for you. Well, cover it up with a case and try not to think about it.
    10-13-2013 09:52 AM
    I have an iLoome glass cover and Spigen case on the way. Went MTBing today and no mishaps.....just need the protectors for peace of mind.

10-13-2013 08:48 PM
    Makes me glad I have a case on mine. I was watching like a hawk for a protective cases to arrive in stores, so when the Incipio case arrived at AT&T I was all over that. I prefer to keep mine in pristine condition.

I did have a Spigen case and pack of screen protectors on order, but the shipping was delayed so I demanded a refund. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing from them again after the hassle they gave me for the refund.
    10-13-2013 10:10 PM
    That sucks. As soon as I got the phone, I threw it into my note 2 case. While not a good fit, I would rather it have some protection

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    AgentScribe likes this.
    10-13-2013 10:17 PM
    I work for a "premium retailer" for one of the big cell phone carriers, and since we were all sold out of the Note III, but I was able to get my hands on one before we sold out. My coworker asked me to see the Note III so that a customer could see what it looked like. After the customer handed my coworker the phone back, he was in the process of handing it back to me before it slipped out of his hand, and hit the corner of the front desk. My heart simply dropped. I was so angry at myself for letting him hold it. The kicker of the whole process was the fact that I had gone 2 and a half days without so much as dropping it even on my bed, and went earlier in the day to try and find a case at Best Buy and a Verizon Corporate location with no such luck. There is a little dent on the left hand side of the phone which I am so infuriated about.

My girlfriend and I are going to go case-hunting this coming week so that this issue won't happen again.
    AgentScribe likes this.
    10-13-2013 10:23 PM
    Man I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad that has not happen to me and I don't think it would I have the grip of death on mine when I do have it in my hands and always will till I get my outter box

sent from my note 3
    AgentScribe likes this.
    10-13-2013 10:24 PM
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4
    10-14-2013 02:44 AM
    I purchased mine on day one and also got one of the two cases that came in. The case is by Body Glove. I am definitely needing a screen protector and seriously considering the Otterbox Defender.

Via my Note 3
    10-14-2013 03:23 AM
    I bought a case the day I got my Note 3 and I have to say that I got really lucky. I got the Tech 21 leather folio case. It was pricey. But it is a fantastic case that offers really good protection on all sides. It even sits in a plastic snap in. Feels really good. No complaints,

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    10-14-2013 05:51 AM
    I bought a case the day I got my Note 3 and I have to say that I got really lucky. I got the Tech 21 leather folio case. It was pricey. But it is a fantastic case that offers really good protection on all sides. It even sits in a plastic snap in. Feels really good. No complaints,

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    Photo?

from a Note III
    10-14-2013 06:47 AM
    First phone drop yesterday. ...my heart sank when it happened. It was one of those slow-motion deals where I couldn't react quickly enough if I tried....was riding bikes with my son, so I was on my "city bike" and we were riding on a multi use path with lots of seems...phone was in a backpack external mesh pocket in a handlebar-mounted wire basket.

Of course, my good case is still on order and the case that arrived same day as my phone was such cap I took it off after 10 minutes.

I hit a seam and the phone bounces out of the pack, out of the basket and onto the sidewalk....by now, I've craned my neck to see over my right shoulder.

The phone hits the sidewalk on the bottom right corner (not that I knew it then) and somersaults into the grass.

The battery cover and battery were both ejected. And, as I said, my heart sank. I stopped quickly and threw my bike down in the grass to left of the sidewalk. I love my bikes Island don't normally let them fall like that.

On the road bike and mountain bike, I have jersey pockets and a Camelbak, respectively.

I CANNOT wait for my Spigen case and iLoome tempered glass screen protector to arrive this week!

Am I the only one picturing a Wicker basket, maybe with a big flower or something on it, hanging from the front of your handlebars? Ha...

Either way, glad your Note 3 is OK, sounds like that could have ended very poorly.

Posted using my Galaxy Note 3 via Android Central App
    AgentScribe and karsdroid like this.
    10-14-2013 08:46 AM
    Am I the only one picturing a Wicker basket, maybe with a big flower or something on it, hanging from the front of your handlebars? Ha...

Either way, glad your Note 3 is OK, sounds like that could have ended very poorly.

Posted using my Galaxy Note 3 via Android Central App
    Galaxy Note 3 - Describe First N3 Mishap-globe-1-green.jpg

Pretty close to a wicker basket! lol
    I have several bicycles. MTB, road, city plus a couple on loan and my son has a road bike and MTB. We ride whenever we can.
    kj11 and petaf like this.
    10-14-2013 03:21 PM

Really, reading that is the same as when you see a large gash on your child's leg... You get that tingle in your stomach at first then you go about cleaning the wound and telling them how awesome it is... all the while thinking, "Damn, that must hurt"

I'm gonna go hug my Note 3... And my daughter...
    AgentScribe likes this.
    10-14-2013 03:43 PM
    Really, reading that is the same as when you see a large gash on your child's leg... You get that tingle in your stomach at first then you go about cleaning the wound and telling them how awesome it is... all the while thinking, "Damn, that must hurt"

It does kinda make you want to go hug your loved ones doesn't it (as I caress my Note 3)? I'I'm going to go give the family a hug too.

from my '14 Note 10.1
    10-14-2013 05:14 PM

Hilarious!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, finally, my Spigen Slim Armor case arrived and the iLoome tempered glass cover ships this weekend. (hopefully)
    10-18-2013 11:06 AM
    It's been over a week since my Neo Hybrid has shipped and I still don't have it. Durned USPS...and their tracking leaves a lot to be desired. ...knew I shoulda paid for expedited shipping.

Nexus 7
    10-18-2013 01:26 PM
    I just got the official S-view case. This thing is so neat. Wish I could use an aftermarket music app tho.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    10-18-2013 07:35 PM
    Is is compatible with Google Music or just the on-board player?
    10-21-2013 10:12 AM
    It's been over a week since my Neo Hybrid has shipped and I still don't have it. Durned USPS...and their tracking leaves a lot to be desired. ...knew I shoulda paid for expedited shipping.

Nexus 7
    I really like my Slim Armor case so far.
    10-21-2013 10:13 AM
26 12