ROM advise

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
What ROM are you guys using and what is the best of all roms?

I woud like to get rid from all my bloatware, I want gestures to go back, return, home, screen off etc.. AND improve BATTERY life
But I would like to keep my smart functions.

Anyone advise?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No custom rom, just get a launcher that has gesture support. I think it was either NOVA or Go launcher that someone said would do it.

You start messing around with custom roms and you will loose allot of the functionality the phone has. All of the S-Pen stuff immediately goes out the window.

If you still insist on a custom rom return the Note 3 and get the next Nexus in a few weeks when it is released.

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
No custom rom, just get a launcher that has gesture support. I think it was either NOVA or Go launcher that someone said would do it.

You start messing around with custom roms and you will loose allot of the functionality the phone has. All of the S-Pen stuff immediately goes out the window.

If you still insist on a custom rom return the Note 3 and get the next Nexus in a few weeks when it is released.

If I install Omega rom to lose all my bloatware, Can I install Nova afterwards to use gestures and customize my homescreen?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK I stand by what I said earlier. If you hate Touchwiz that much then don't get the Note 3 it is a waste of money. Get the next nexus, or a LG G2.

Maybe this will help me understand something. Why did you get the Note 3.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry if I seem antagonistic. My point is that with the Note 3 is that if you disable everything that makes a note 3 a note 3 there are more reasonable options out there. The lg g2 is a great phone and much closer to stock, sony has a new giant phone coming out, and the new nexus will be out soon. All of them sport the s800 kriat cpu.

Posted via Android Central App

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
i'm getting frustrated right now.. I can't root my phone.. I'm doing exactly everything on the video but doesn't work

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Who is your carrier. The only one th ed I saw was rootable so far was the att one.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm using an European one. I've rooted and load up omega rom on it. I've got still all my functionalities and it works great.
It's great now!