[FIX] - Swype keyboard "abs", no I mean "abd", come on I want the word "AND"! Stupid auto correct

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
[FIX] - Swype keyboard "abs", no I mean "abd", come on I want the word "AND"! Stupid auto correct

Since the Note 3 comes stock with Swype, I'm posting this here, anyways, here is a fix for anyone who has the same issue as me.

I have been using Swype since it came out way back when, and noticed I constantly deal with Swpye typing abd or abs instead of and. Yes I know how to use Swype and I am hitting A--N--D specifically, but for some reason the word and is lower on the "what word you meant to select" list. Maybe it is just my large fingers but...

Normally you can highlight the word, hit the Swype key and select delete. Well this does not work for the stock dictionary. So next time you end up with abd or abs instead of and, look above the keyboard and long press on abd or abs and it will ask if you want to delete it. Poof, gone and no longer a problem.

This also works for any other words that you don't use but get selected by Swype instead.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: [FIX] - Swype keyboard "abs", no I mean "abd", come on I want the word "AND"! Stupid auto correc

Oh wow...that's a handy tip I didn't realize. Except I always have issues with the word "dint" showing up when I want "don't"

SO LONG DINT! Whatever you mean.....

Now if I could just get has/had to work....but i can't remove those.

AdamTheMan54

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: [FIX] - Swype keyboard "abs", no I mean "abd", come on I want the word "AND"! Stupid auto correc

what about on the LG Keyboard? such as my new LG G3?
thank you!
Adam

Charity Kuchyt

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Oh, thank you God. This has been making me INSANE! You're a hero!:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463