Custom Launchers.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I used Go for 2 years with my Fascinate and loved it. Once I got my S3 I switched to Apex Pro and will never go back. Go is slower and full of more bloat compared to Apex or Nova.

tap'n

joan006

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried Go Launcher over the weekend and I couldn't get my stylus to work properly. Also, the staggering amount of bloat ware is tremendous. I hated it. And every little "Go" anything that goes with it costs. Even when u pay, you still get loads of ads. I LOVE all the themes you can get and some are just beautiful. BUT, not at the cost of ads and bloat ware.
That was just my observation. I had Go Launcher on my Note 2 and it wasn't this bad!

jimbosi

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I used Nova previously. Wanting a change, I tried Go. I was surprised at all the widgets and stuff Go places on homescreens, so I just deleted all of them. Other than that minor nuisance, Go seems to work fine, as does the Spen. Plus, I rooted.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
That is why it only took me 5 minutes to dump it this time!!! Thanks for the recap ... definitely bloated! Nove has been very very good & no surprises, ads or anything wrong! Kinda like what Go Launcher used to be!

Cheers, Jon

I tried Go Launcher over the weekend and I couldn't get my stylus to work properly. Also, the staggering amount of bloat ware is tremendous. I hated it. And every little "Go" anything that goes with it costs. Even when u pay, you still get loads of ads. I LOVE all the themes you can get and some are just beautiful. BUT, not at the cost of ads and bloat ware.
That was just my observation. I had Go Launcher on my Note 2 and it wasn't this bad!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What features does Apex give that Nova doesn't? Also, were you using Nova Prime.
Wasn't using Nova Prime but I felt that Apex just runs smoother, at least in my experience. Everytime I cleared my RAM it would stutter and the dock would disappear for a second even though I had the option for the launcher to remain in the RAM.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Only thing about Apex that I don't like is it doesn't show unread notifications on the folders. The app that has notifications has to be the first app in the folder to view it. Other than that, nice. For now I will continue using Nova. Can't go wrong with either.

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I've sworn by Nova Prime for about a year now. I like customization options and the relatively ease of use in understanding what everything means in the UI Nova.

I'm using nova Prime 2 days now. And I only can agree with what you say 100%

Posted via Android Central App

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Nova on both my Galaxy S4 and Nexus 10 for a while and now and love it. Very smooth, lots of features (compared to either Touchwiz or Google's default launcher), does exactly what I need it to. As someone who occasionally installs ROMs, I love having the ability to backup homescreen configs for quick restore...love the ability to make the app drawer continuously scroll vertically...love the ability to add extra rows/columns to the home screens...(I could go on for a while).

I tried Apex a while back when I was trying to figure out which I would want to use, and ultimately settled on Nova, but that was admittedly quite a while ago and both have been updated since them...but since I paid for Nova Prime and it still meets all my needs I'm definitely sticking with it at this point. I agree it's hard to go wrong with either one, probably just a matter of personal preference...and either way you go, it will be an improved experience over the default launcher, no matter which device you have...at least in my opinion.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I've sworn by Nova Prime for about a year now. I like customization options and the relatively ease of use in understanding what everything means in the UI Nova.

I just use Beautiful Widgets. You can resize widgets to whatever, so I have a 4x4 Google Calendar widget.
You use them both, or BW just for the icons? I thought you had to use one or the other.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
You use them both, or BW just for the icons? I thought you had to use one or the other.

I believe he was saying...use Nova for your launcher, then you can resize any widgets (including Beautiful Widgets) to create what you want. Or, in other words, Beautiful Widgets allows you to create the widget, but Nova Launcher is what allows you to resize it on your homescreen.

I have a similar setup on my phone.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I believe he was saying...use Nova for your launcher, then you can resize any widgets (including Beautiful Widgets) to create what you want. Or, in other words, Beautiful Widgets allows you to create the widget, but Nova Launcher is what allows you to resize it on your homescreen.

I have a similar setup on my phone.

Correct, I use BW mainly for the range of options for different looks on the clock and weather. I like the Google Now'ish look to the weather icons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox