Custom Launchers.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I know this is bound to get allot of opinions but looking to see if anyone knows of a good review comparing some of the big launchers.

On my OG Note I just left Touchwiz. It never bothered me as much as others. But am curious about the various launchers out there. I took my OG Note and loaded a few on it today. Honestly some of them appear so convoluted with all they are trying to do.

I loaded ADW, Nova, NEXT, And Yandex to see what they are about. So any good comparisons out there.

Posted via Android Central App

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I've sworn by Nova Prime for about a year now. I like customization options and the relatively ease of use in understanding what everything means in the UI Nova.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Both Apex and Nova are amazing launchers that are very similar, so you can't go wrong with either "pro" version. I use Apex Pro on my S3.

tap'n

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Both Apex and Nova are amazing launchers that are very similar, so you can't go wrong with either "pro" version. I use Apex Pro on my S3.

tap'n

No doubt that the Prime version is worth every penny. I love it with HD Widgets and Simple Text. I tried Beautiful Widgets and hated the Design and UI.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk now Free

iPhone 5_to_GS4

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
But NOVA doesn't have 4x4 calendar widget. I really like how I can leave it open on one of the pages like on my iMac. Only the factory stock Turbowiz seem to have the 4x4 calendar widget.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
There are a number of calendar widgets in the Play Store. Give Android Pro Widgets a shot for your calendar.

tap'n

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
What extra features does it have?

I have both Nova and Apex and went back to look for extra features, but they are both feature rich. Long press a widget or icon and Apex gives more options...share for one.
Use apex because it feels a bit smoother.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
But NOVA doesn't have 4x4 calendar widget. I really like how I can leave it open on one of the pages like on my iMac. Only the factory stock Turbowiz seem to have the 4x4 calendar widget.

I just use Beautiful Widgets. You can resize widgets to whatever, so I have a 4x4 Google Calendar widget.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Is this what I need to get the transparent click?

If you're talking about the top notification/status bar to be transparent, I have it in Nova Launcher (not sure if it's a Prime feature or not). To turn it on you go to Nova settings --> Look and Feel --> atht eh very bottom of that page you'll see "Transparent Notification Bar" and just check that box.

CMYMUD

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Meant to Say Clock .I have seen Some wallpapers that Allow the Clock to be transparent

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Meant to Say Clock .I have seen Some wallpapers that Allow the Clock to be transparent

The clock as in the ongoing notification clock in the upper righthand corner or the widget clock? Beautiful widgets and others allow you to make the background transparent for the clock widget. The status bar clock is transparent by the means I mentioned above.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Is this what I need to get the transparent click?

In Nova settings under "look and feel", select the transparent notification bar at the bottom

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381755890839.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381755890839.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 66

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
What do people think of Go? I've seen some theme stuff compatible with Go on the store I'd like to give a try, but I don't know if I'd use it much over Nova Prime, which I'm in love with.