This is the 4th Incipio DualPro Shine case that I've owned in the last year. Incipio has been quick to market and this case actually made it to AT&T stores before it even made it to their own website. At the time of this video, I could not find it listed anywhere. As you can see in the video, I have the same case for the LG Optimus G Pro. Not shown were the ones for the Galaxy S4 and HTC One.

The case is solid and fits perfectly in the mid level protection class. These cases usually retail for around $35 and this one is no exception. For most people, you'll never need more than mid level protection. It should get you through most drops. Corner, front, or back...

Many of these cases have started to come with screen protectors, but there was none present here. In general, I don't like the plastic style protectors they tend to include. However, since the device is new and not many stores had their ZAGG products yet, it would have been nice to put something on the screen to get me through the first week of ownership.

So, who might buy this case? If you want something that looks nice in public and will give you piece of mind for those days when you're a little clumsy, go for this product. Keep in mind that if you place it on its back, the aluminum will get scratches. There's probably not much that you can do about that. In the video, you can see what a few months of normal use does to the case. The case does make the Note 3 a little bigger. TPU cases provide a little less protection, however they would keep the overall dimensions down a little. Speck might make a case that has a couple of layers molded together. UAG already has one and the Spigen Slim Armor always seems to live up to its name. That would be a happy medium between TPU and true dual layer.

After a week of use, there are no major complaints. We'll see how it does with the QI wireless receiver though. For the LG Optimus G Pro, I opted to drop this case and go with a TPU one to make wireless charging easier and more efficient.
    10-13-2013 08:30 PM
    I have this same case simply because it was the only case I could get on short notice that is actually protective (I'm waiting on a Case Mate Pop style case). I have yet to drop it, though, so I don't know how well it will hold up to an impact on something like concrete. It does add a noticeable amount of weight to the phone. But there is a slightly raised protective lip surround the screen and the case offers a buffer around the back camera as well. The brushed aluminum look of the back is nice, but I had it laying on the porch while painting another coat of Rescue It on and the first coat left a scuff on the back just from laying it down and picking it up so it seems to scratch easily.
    10-13-2013 09:05 PM
    this is a great case. it seems it would handle a drop pretty good. and i like how the phone feels tight in the case. the neg, like mentioned above, is that the back scratches easy. thought i seen on their website that they make solid color backs, which may be more durable. and the only other minor annoyance is that the rubber that is exposed, makes it a tad harder to slip in and out of my pocket, due to the grabiness of the rubber. this is one if the best cases in my opinion.
    10-13-2013 09:56 PM