Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

Here is a photo of food.. Yes the food was bad at Dave and busters but.. Photo quality is fine with flash.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

That picture is blurry, the white of the plate washes out everything and it's a complete exposure drop just past the plates edge.

nooaah

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

I think we can all agree it's the Nokia 920/928/1020 then everyone else. :)

Too bad WP8 has no apps or updates from M$.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

The 1020 yes, then galaxy s4, iPhone 5s, HTC one then maybe a lower Nokia model.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ricky Roma

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I came from the iPhone 5 and although the Note 3 camera isn't bad it's definitely not as good at taking photos as the iPhone. Where the iPhone excels is in the photo processing which it is excellent at doing. Overall the Note 3 over-exposes most photos and adds too much definition which equates to an unnatural photo. Although the iPhone has a smaller megapixel sensor, Apple took their time in making sure that when you take a portrait the skin tone comes out as natural as viewing it with your own eyes. Samsung is more concerned with "specs"; more megapixel, more features, more customizability. That's the difference between Apple and most other device manufacturers in general.

I know I sound like an Apple fanboy and certainly don't mean to, I traded in my iPhone 5S for the Note 3 and have no remorse. As an amateur photographer however I know a good camera when I see one and the camera is the only thing about the iPhone that i will definitely miss.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I think this video does a good job of the note 3 vs iphone 5s camera. People act like one cell phone is so much better than the other. Each camera has their respective strong points and week points. But whether you have a iPhone or a note, rest assured that camera will do just fine for what it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9OBUp2MgqQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

From Trustedreviews:

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Note 3 – Camera
Galaxy S4 – 13-megapixel sensor with LED flash
Note 3 – 13-megapixel sensor with LED flash

Both of these phones have 13-megapixel cameras with single-LED flashes. They both have f/2.2 lenses too – a significant upgrade over Samsung’s f/2.6 lenses used in its top 2012 phones.

We thought these cameras would perform almost identically, but the Galaxy S4 has a slight edge in most situations. General image sharpness is slightly better (not by much) and macro performance is a shade better.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

ujesuryp.jpg
just took this as it is getting dark out. Beautiful picture

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

I have an older Galaxy model (s2 series), whose camera resolution is only 8 megapixels. I've found that in natural light it usually works very well, but flash pictures tend to be very blurry.