Kerry Kessler

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Every time I shut off WI-Fi on my phone, when I look at it a few minutes later - WI-Fi is back on. I'd like to stop it from doing this, as I think it can and will eat up my battery over time.

How can I get the phone to stop switching WI-fi on whenever it wants to?

Thanks.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Go into the wi fi settings....advance....and turn off Always allow scanning and Auto network switch.... the one setting about Keep wi fi on even during sleep I think it refers to when wi fi is turned on.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Every time I shut off WI-Fi on my phone, when I look at it a few minutes later - WI-Fi is back on. I'd like to stop it from doing this, as I think it can and will eat up my battery over time.

How can I get the phone to stop switching WI-fi on whenever it wants to?

Thanks.

Turn off these (see below.)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1381766605128.jpg
    1381766605128.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 25

MisterMe11

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
But isn't auto network switch a very useful, if not essential function? I don't want to have to manually switch networks every time I move between locations with and without wi-fi, or between different wi-fi networks. Would I have to switch manually if the auto network switch is disabled?

Go into the wi fi settings....advance....and turn off Always allow scanning and Auto network switch.... the one setting about Keep wi fi on even during sleep I think it refers to when wi fi is turned on.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But isn't auto network switch a very useful, if not essential function? I don't want to have to manually switch networks every time I move between locations with and without wi-fi, or between different wi-fi networks. Would I have to switch manually if the auto network switch is disabled?

No. If wifi is on and it sees the network it will switch to that. If it doesn't see one it will use mobile data.

This setting is to only see if the wifi is good and strong... This way it can see if it's a good connection. The problem is even with a guaranteed full contention it will say it's weak and disconnect over and over.... It's bugged basically.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech