Note 3 Random Notification Sounds?

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Google Now was the culprit for me. The same ticket stays in the notification bar, but would ding whenever a new card was added.

Posted via Android Central App

Allyman

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon Galaxy S4 started doing the same thing last month. It's extremely random...maybe twice a day, sometimes 4-5 times within 10 seconds! I went to Application Manager and unchecked the Notification box in every downloaded app...it still happened. Verizon store told me to contact Verizon support; I did and was escalated to 2nd tier. Everyone claims no knowledge of this, yet it's all over the internet. Finally, one tech contacts Samsung and finds that they are aware of some S4's and Note 3's with this problem. I'm told it's a corrupt Android OS and resetting to factory default only re-installs the corrupt OS. I need to go to the Samsung desk at a Best Buy where they can "scrub" my phone and install a new OS or I can get a new (refurb) replacement with a new OS. I got a new replacement, reinstalled all my apps, unchecked all notifications and IT STILL HAPPENS!!!

I installed an app called "Notification History" which gives a log of all notifications I've received. The strange thing is that these "phantom" notifications never display the flashing blue LED like I got a text , IM or message. Nothing ever appears in the Notification Bar and the Notification History app doesn't show any notification that caused the sound to go off. I'm getting really irritated by this going off in the middle of the night, in the middle of phone calls and during meetings!

Steve1163

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
S4 Random Notification Sounds?

I have got a Galaxy S4 and everything you are suffering with your device I am suffering with mine!! sorry that you were a guinea pig in getting your phone wiped exchanged etc but kinda glad that you did that and not me...what a pain!! and still the same, oh it all feels kinda hopeless doesn't it. Loved my S4 until this crap started. I have a sick mother and a pregnant wife and I cannot stand the heart attacks anymore with constant notifications from this stupid fault. God please let someone find a fix for this soon.

Gotta comment on the fact that soooo many people are suffering this bull**** issue and on many different devices from Samsung and yet nobody at Samsung gives an absolute toss about it, they simply do not care one iota. Customer service will soon go the way of the Dodo and will simply not exist in the near future....you bought it it's your problem now. My next phone will be one of those mobile phones that makes phone calls sends texts, has a calculator and has huge old people buttons to press!!!

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Try going into Device settings and enabling blocking mode. Block all notifications and see what happens. You could also set blocking mode for sleep time so if it does actually work, you wont be as frustrated.

On the subject of notification sounds. How do I disable notifications from interrupting my music while playing over BT in my car?

subtext

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Same thing. I thought I had fix with shutting Gmail notices off. But something is poking to create the sounds. When I check, NOTHING seems to be sounding notice?
Help, Anyone??
Joshua

Silverwizard

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem,was driving me crazy,I was using 3d Sense clock widget and found
that in the setting it had a "play sound when changing location" setting,I unchecked that...since then I've had
no repeat of this problem.Hope this helps.:)

Rey Medina

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Same thing. I thought I had fix with shutting Gmail notices off. But something is poking to create the sounds. When I check, NOTHING seems to be sounding notice?
Help, Anyone??
Joshua

Go to the settings, device, accessibility, then turn off notification reminder. Drove me crazy for two days until I found this in the settings. Hasn't come back ever since.

duaneo9

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Help, Anyone??
Joshua

If you have a case containing a clasping magnet, ie, a wallet case. The nfc will pick up a potential devise to start a transfer of data. This is why my note 3 was constantly chiming and vibrating every
3 sec as long as the screen was active. Hope this helps. Go to ssettings-devise-devise-NFC and tap the on slider to turn off.

duaneo9

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
If you have a case containing a clasping magnet, ie, a wallet case. The nfc will pick up a potential devise to start a transfer of data. This is why my note 3 was constantly chiming and vibrating every
3 sec as long as the screen was active. Hope this helps. Go to ssettings-devise-devise-NFC and tap the on slider to turn off.
OK I have proved my theory. If you have a case containing a magnetic clasp the nfc will presume that you are trying to send data to another device. Hope that this helps everyone.

Ro Klei

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I only started getting this after the recent android 4.2.2 update... I turned ALL notifications off but to no avail, then I uninstalled google play and google market to factory versions and that sorted it...I personally think it has something to do with google and android, and not with the note3.

agagoo

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
OK I have proved my theory. If you have a case containing a magnetic clasp the nfc will presume that you are trying to send data to another device. Hope that this helps everyone.

*** duaneo9! Your theory is correct n I fixed my Note III. sound disappeared either when I OFF NFC or remove the magnetic clasp cover.. Thanks

mlwebster

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem and fixed it in notifications. You have a notification reminder set for every 5 minutes. It goes off if you don't check your notifications every five minutes until you do. I turned it off and no more annoying dings.

Posted via Android Central App

WalksWithWolves

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Help, Anyone??
Joshua

I just solved this issue for myself. For me, under Accessibility, there was a place to check off that you want a beep for unread notifications, and then you could pick adv interval. Mine was set at 5 minutes. Disabling this ended my phantom notifications. How that helps you too.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000