Note 3 Random Notification Sounds?

timetopaythefiddler

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed this? I get a sound and when I check my notifications there is nothing there! And sometimes it will chime 3 or 4 times in a row with nothing on the notification. Is there a way to fix this?😟

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing and I thought I was going crazy, mine is attached the my Gear and the phone would give off a notification sound, but my watch would do nothing... So i would look and nothing was there... anyways long story short I did a factory reset and it went away.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
the first few days I had the Note, it was doing that too. I'd get the notification sound but nothing in the notifications, it drove me nuts. I finally traced it to something.... I think it was a newswatcher or something and it was auto set to sound an alarm whenever there was a new entry. Sorry I can't tell you the name of it, I couldn't figure out how to un-set the alarm so I just uninstalled the whole annoying thing. Anyway, it's probably not the same app, but maybe the same circumstance? Anything new that might be triggering it?

timetopaythefiddler

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
the first few days I had the Note, it was doing that too. I'd get the notification sound but nothing in the notifications, it drove me nuts. I finally traced it to something.... I think it was a newswatcher or something and it was auto set to sound an alarm whenever there was a new entry. Sorry I can't tell you the name of it, I couldn't figure out how to un-set the alarm so I just uninstalled the whole annoying thing. Anyway, it's probably not the same app, but maybe the same circumstance? Anything new that might be triggering it?

Thanks! Let me start searching my phone!! :)

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed this? I get a sound and when I check my notifications there is nothing there! And sometimes it will chime 3 or 4 times in a row with nothing on the notification. Is there a way to fix this?��

i'm finding that this happens when i get an email in my gmail "promotions" tab or "social" tab. since they aren't my main inbox they don't show up in the notification panel .....it is a tad irritating....

timetopaythefiddler

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok...so I just made an observation while my phone was chiming its life away. The AT&T thats on the top left of the notifications kept appearing and disappearing. Wth? Why is it doing this? Everytime it appeared and disappeared it was chiming. SMH.

Last edited:

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok...so I just made an observation while my phone was chiming its life away. The AT&T thats on the top left of the notifications kept appearing and disappearing. Wth? Why is it doing this? Everytime it appeared and disappeared it was chiming. SMH.
Is it doing it when it might be trying to go back and forth between two wi-fi's? I can remember mine doing that and just looked at my settings. I turned off the network notification setting that says when an available wifi is present. At home I have a range extender and it split up my house wifi and there was a lag when it was trying to figure out which one of the maximum strength signals to use. Now I just keep it on one and it's fine.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
In the messaging app, go to settings, go to other, it states that there will be one reminder. You are unable to change it to zero/none. I thought maybe that's doing it. I going nuts about it too.

Posted via Android Central App

society187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
alright guys this is happening to me also and i hate it but i work in a job where i hook up my phone and it sits next to me all day, so when it was giving the notifications its always been plugged in and i think its a bug because i see that it disconnects form charging then starts back up a second later so the notification is the charger connecting again, not sure if this problem is when your charging your phone but if it is then thats it......i know its not just mine because my GF note 3 does the same thing. hope this helped

timetopaythefiddler

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
alright guys this is happening to me also and i hate it but i work in a job where i hook up my phone and it sits next to me all day, so when it was giving the notifications its always been plugged in and i think its a bug because i see that it disconnects form charging then starts back up a second later so the notification is the charger connecting again, not sure if this problem is when your charging your phone but if it is then thats it......i know its not just mine because my GF note 3 does the same thing. hope this helped

Actually when I noticed it today the AT&T letters on the top left in the notifications disappeared. Im stumped as to whats going on? No problems when charging it. Wait. I think it has done it while charging too. 😢 Make it stop!! 🙉

society187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Actually when I noticed it today the AT&T letters on the top left in the notifications disappeared. Im stumped as to whats going on? No problems when charging it. Wait. I think it has done it while charging too. �� Make it stop!! ��

same here at&t user also and the letters do go away idk why but mine is while charging and it happens 10 times more often when its plugged in to a usb 2.0 (galaxy s4) charger :( sucks i know, i have no clue what to do

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
For me it was an app using to many resources for my monitoring apps, Lookout, Watchdog or Clean Master. I Have it under control for the most part. Not completely but almost.

Last edited:

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
For me it would be my email. Unless you're standing next to your phone you won't know it was the email notification going off.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a random nfc alarm gping off. It can be fine for hours then just start making that sound. I turn off nfc and the alarm sound stops. I use nfc so this sucks. I have done 2 factory resets. I am going to verizon fri to see if they will exchange it under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

phodges

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Had the phone for 2 days now. I think it's the battery discharging. Each time it goes down one percent. U get a notification sound. Been trying to figure out how to change that for the longest now.

Posted via Android Central App

88tbone

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Figured out the fix for my phone at least hope this helps. The Facebook app notifies you when your friends are in the area and some other notifications I turned it off and has seemed to stop the Phantom alert tones.
- Open the Facebook app
- Press the options key at the bottom left of your phone ( galaxy phones )
-settings
- Un check the boxes of your preference such as "nearby friends"

Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674