I must be the only one still suffering from this
Or
Everyone else has given up caring haha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Buckster76

May 30, 2014
Visit site
you are not the only one I have similar issue

video (especially HD) content played "streamed", Netflix, Sky Go etc - and I get stutter/video lags/catchups

yet local content - even at high bitrate 1080p, and Sky Go "downloaded" content - seems to be smooth as silk

so on my Note 3 it seems to not like decoding video at same time as receiving data via wifi etc

chipset limitation ? firmware issue ?

tomgriff

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Guys -

I am experiencing the same issue and it's obviously frustrating to say the least.

Firstly, play-back lags/stutters when I have filmed something (and it also lags like hell on my macbook pro once I've transferred files to there)
Secondly, when playing youtube videos via the pre-installed youtube app, regardless of connection being solid (Wifi/ H+ etc) the video will stop playing as if to suggest it is buffering still - even though I am playing via a superb wifi connection.

I have restored the phone many times and I don't have that much memory in use - nor am I using extenstion memory cards.

davidintel

May 13, 2011
Visit site
On my Galaxy Tab S, if I turn off video stabilization(in settings when using camera), all the choppiness instantly goes away. This is only for videos I am recording. All my previous videos were filled with stuttering.

hyku2ri2

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem i tried everything on here to fix it and nothing worked so i went into trickster mod because im running beastmode kernel and turned on MP-DECISION and that worked for me

Sharon Campbell

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The videos I've recorded recently stutter every 5 seconds (sounds like a skip in a record) and then the sound jumps ahead, getting farther ahead with each skip. Not sure if this is the same problem? No other videos I play have this problem, just what I've recorded. How do I get to the developer options on the phone?

Saw the posting that told how to get to developer. Did suggestions and it still stutters on new recorded videos. Ugh!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier Pallero

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
For Sharon and everyone else with the recording stutter issue.

To recap: I had the same problem that Sharon. Recorded a video and each 5 seconds audio and video would skip for some miliseconds and remain out of sync. This would happen every 5 seconds.

I discovered that the cause of this conflict is a proccess: google search services. It's the functionality that actively listens for "Ok Google" in Google Now. If you deactivate the listening on Google Now Settings (or deactivate the process in the process admin) the problem will be solved. (done by trial and error so, sorry folks I can't debug the issue)

birdcage1

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Go to Settings/About phone..
click on the Build Information panel several times until a pop-up comes stating that you are a Developer or something.
Go back out, now there should be a new option above the About phone called 'Developer Options'.:-!

Hi I've now got to the developer options what should I do now

ravs525

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
update: i think i may have found a fix to the video stuttering problem. In developer options you have to enable the setting "FORCE GPU RENDERING". Once you have done that everything is buttery smooth. i tested videos from sources such as Youtube (using original stock app, no updates), PLEX via LTE and network. And large mkv local files 720p and 1080p with MX player free. Everything seems good so far.

to the people that have issues try it out and report back!

Good luck all.

Man i find you genius in all ways!! Thanks a ton!! Thats worked charm!!