Hi,

Sometimes when I open Whatsapp I get a pane for writing and handwriting recognition. Its blue and the written words appear at the pane rather that at the bottom. I prefer this input method because with the other method, when I write a word, it appears at the bottom of the pane and stays there a few moments which slows my writting down.
    My problem is that I dont know how to use this blue pane as standard. Does anyone else know how to do that?

thanks,
    Eds
    10-15-2013 04:59 AM
    If you keep writing, it will scroll to keep pace with you. Otherwise, if you want to stop, you can hit the space bar and it should put all the current words to text and give you a blank screen to continue in. It takes a bit of practice to get used to it but trust me, it can become second nature in no time.
    10-15-2013 06:54 PM
    Hi J,

It cant keep up with my writting and leaves the text on the screen for too long before scrolling. It would not be a case of getting used to it, more putting up with it.
    I would like to know how I get this other keyboard up that I get in Whatsapp somethings. Seems nobody knows how though

Thanks,
    Eds
    10-18-2013 12:07 PM
    There's a name for it, and of course I forget, but essentially, just hover your stylus over the text input area you want to write in (the text area at the bottom, for WhatsApp), and you'll see a little icon appear. Click that icon. That's what gives you that other, blue handwriting input panel.
    dkhmwilliams likes this.
    10-18-2013 12:11 PM
    I have found that there is a good Use for both methods of hand writing input. I favor the handwriting box in the keyboard. It is a little slower but very convenient.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    10-18-2013 01:14 PM