Swapping in a Spare Battery???

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
On the Note 3, and several other Samsung high end smart phones, it has this "GREAT FEATURE" of a
removable battery..This feature here was almost a game changer for some, and a definite boost in the usability of the phone.

However, in all the threads, and there are many of them, all I see is "battery usuage" or how long you getting out the battery, along with
a ZILLION screen shots of users who have saved or not saved battery power. However, nothing, almost nothing on swapping out batteries, when you
run out, and even more important (the topic of this thread)the different types and brands of replacement batteries..

From what I been reading here, Samsung could have made the battery non-removable, and just added some more juice, and it seems the majority
would be happy, because nobody is talking about swapping the battery out, and different aftermarket batteries..

I am going to used the removable battery option big time. On trips carrying a spare battery or two, along with a charger that stands alone with the battery. I am seeing different types, and prices..

1st choice
Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ALL Models 2 x 3200mAh Battery + Charger **NOW WITH NFC/GOOGLE WALLET** Compatible with AT&T / T-Mobile / Sprint / and Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and International Samsung Galaxy Note III N7200 Models [2

2nd choice
Babo 4500mAh High Capacity Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 N9005 N900 | eBay

3rd choice

3X 3500mAh Battery Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 N9005 N7200 US | eBay

Babo 4500mAh High Capacity Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 N9005 N900 | eBay

Anybody using any of these and are their others replacement batteries?

I am not into that extended battery where you need a bigger case..

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Some may use this feature. For me it's more of a knowing that if I wear the battery out I can replace it. However, in reality, I probably won't have the phone that long. I'm never that far away from a charger for long.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
It's very useful for me when getting home then going out. Just having the option is great. I normally charge mine overnight but when it doesn't need doing least I have my spare with me when it's needed later that day

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I am of the opinion that no phone has an adequate battery for all day use if you are a heavy user. That's why, in my humble opinion, I will always get a phone that has a removable battery!

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

kanundrum17

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't buy cells that are made in china, you don't know when they will over heat. Always buy trust source cells like Seidio (japanese) etc

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't buy cells that are made in china, you don't know when they will over heat. Always buy trust source cells like Seidio (japanese) etc

Now, that is a good point and what I was looking for. Feedback on aftermarket batteries..

Just checked with Seidio and all their batteries are for the Note 2 and S4, nothing yet for the Note 3.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I think with as new as the phones are, most people are not having an issue with the phones not holding a charge long enough. It will come in 6 months time, when some might not last as long, as they would like under heavy usage. I will have it for travel, but waiting on the Samsung battery and charger station to get in stock.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I remember back when the incredible was brand new. Seidio released a 1700 mAh slim battery for it that was the same size as the stock 1300 battery. Turns out Seidio was lying and their 1700 battery was just a 1300. Since then I never trusted them.

I would love an extra battery but I'm not sure which one to get.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Deaj

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Question:
There are Samsung labeled OEM batteries (Samsung part # B00BE) being manufactured in China. Are these to be avoided as well?

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I cannot believe those Babo are 4500mah. If it was possible to squeeze that much into the stock size battery, why would samsung have only gone with a 3200?

ttrain68

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Battery life on this phone seems great, but I use and use and use especially when I am not home so I ordered the below before I even received the phone. Even if they are not great I'm sure they will do in a pinch and at 7 bucks, seemed like a no brainer.
Caseology 2 X 3200 mAh Li-ion Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Travel Wall Charger with USB Port (Non-NFC) [18-Month Warranty] Caseology 2 X 3200 mAh Li-ion Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Travel Wall Charger with USB Port (Non-NFC) [18-Month Warranty]
Sold by MODN Mall.

Below is a link to reviews for the replacements for the Galaxy S3.

Caseology 2 X 2100 mAh Li-ion Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3 with Travel Wall Charger with USB Port (Non-NFC) [18-Month Warranty]

Last edited:

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought a hyperion battery for my lg Optimus G Pro that started out well, but after a few weeks it drops to 69 percent as soon as I put it in. Then drops very quickly thereafter. So I purchased the zerolemon battery (9300mah) and never looked back.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I remember back when the incredible was brand new. Seidio released a 1700 mAh slim battery for it that was the same size as the stock 1300 battery. Turns out Seidio was lying and their 1700 battery was just a 1300. Since then I never trusted them.

I would love an extra battery but I'm not sure which one to get.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Same here, that is why I started the thread. That is to get a idea on what is the best replacement battery.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Question:
There are Samsung labeled OEM batteries (Samsung part # B00BE) being manufactured in China. Are these to be avoided as well?

This is a question, not a statement: Are all Samsung OEM parts only made in Korea? Are none supplied from China or Taiwan so as to raise the above question?

from my '14 Note 10.1

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I wouldn't trust a company claiming they packed in more battery power into the same size of a smaller battery. So if the 4500 batteries are the same size as the 3200 then they're probably lying. If they are larger than there's a good chance it's true.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I cannot believe those Babo are 4500mah. If it was possible to squeeze that much into the stock size battery, why would samsung have only gone with a 3200?

Hoping I can hear some experiences on using that battery.. Seems too good to be true. A good 20% more, 2 batteries and a charger for that price...

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought a hyperion battery for my lg Optimus G Pro that started out well, but after a few weeks it drops to 69 percent as soon as I put it in. Then drops very quickly thereafter. So I purchased the zerolemon battery (9300mah) and never looked back.

That is an extended job isn't it?

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If by extended job you are talking about the life of the battery, then yes. I easily get ten hours of screen on time with a little battery still left over. Screen on time is the only way I measure battery life because it Matters not to me if you can get 72 hours of battery life by not using your phone. How many hours can you get out of it if you actual use it for the purpose the phone was designed for? Big screen, 1080p resolution and fast UI. Requires the screen to be on to marvel at those things.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
If by extended job you are talking about the life of the battery, then yes. I easily get ten hours of screen on time with a little battery still left over. Screen on time is the only way I measure battery life because it Matters not to me if you can get 72 hours of battery life by not using your phone. How many hours can you get out of it if you actual use it for the purpose the phone was designed for? Big screen, 1080p resolution and fast UI. Requires the screen to be on to marvel at those things.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4

No, by "extended" I mean is it oversize, needing a aftermarket oversize back cover. Most stronger than stock batteries for cell phones are bigger and come with the accessory large back cover. Not wanting to go there. I like the slimness and the standard size...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18