Need help with an App....(left iOS to Android)

polaraman

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

is there an app out there that would enforce the lock screen security based on your GPS or Wifi location? For instance, while i'm home, i don't want my phone to lock. But while i'm away from home, i want to enforce either a passcode or security pattern.

There were a few apps in the iOS world that done this... so i'm sure there's something for Android.

Help?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Tasker is able to accomplish this. Would have to check, but I think that specific functionality requires root because it's calling on the Secure Settings plugin. It's somewhat methodical, but easy to learn. I know my Moto X does it with trusted devices, but I don't know offhand if the Note 3 does that automatically.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, app called tasker https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&token=YBrxpQoj

here are some of the tasks that tasker can accomplish. Profiles - Tasker Wiki

Tasker is really powerful and it can do a lot more.

Sorry about that, you posted while I was sleeping at the edit box :)

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Tasker is a very very powerful app, probably the best in the Play store. And probably has the steepest learning curve. Read up. Watch all the videos. Repeat. It is worth every penny once you get comfortable with it. But it can be frustrating early on.

No, you don't have to root your device to use Tasker, but rooting does expand the app's capabilities.

Good luck

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Bypassing the lock screen is what I think may require root, not tasker alone. I'm pretty sure that secure settings plugin I linked needs it, and that's how the lockscreen can be changed or added/removed in a profile.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz