Galaxy Note 3 - Screen randomly displays white at wake up?

TheDeepThought42

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
So on my Note 3, sometimes, when I go to wake up the phone from sleep, it'll randomly display the whole screen as white. It'll only do this for a split second before it displays the lock screen as it should be. However, it is very jarring at night and I've never seen any of my other smartphones do this. I can't quite figure out why this is happening.

Is anyone else noticing something like this?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the phone may be having a slight delay in loading your wallpaper. Do you use a lock screen and use the same image for both the lock screen and home screen?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

TheDeepThought42

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like the phone may be having a slight delay in loading your wallpaper. Do you use a lock screen and use the same image for both the lock screen and home screen?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Yup, I'm using a lock screen + the same image for both. It's currently just a black image (png I believe), which makes the brief white flash more noticeable.

Do you know of a way to fix it?

TheDeepThought42

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
So I just did a software reset, haven't changed/installed/added anything else other than what's on by default(including the wallpapers) and I'm still getting it. It seems like a brightness issue. It looks like sometimes, the phone doesn't know what brightness it was set at and it'll go to full brightness for a sec; sometimes that results in the wallpaper starting out brighter and then dimming to the brightness I set and sometimes it does the white flash thing.

Is anyone else getting this? Or should I be looking to get a replacement?

Note 3 user

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
My Note 3 does this, but just at the bottom. It looks like it was an edge lit LCD that flashed it's bottom led.
It is extremely irritating t night.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
If you think it is a brightness issue download lux lite. Let it manage the auto brightness and see if that helps. Unfortunately, the auto brightness on Android can be wonky at times.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes