why I switched from Android to Iphone back to Android .

sirgeeps

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
4 years ago I purchased my 1st Smartphone... the Droid X . I loved the large screen and the ability to use it as my go to device for games and internet ... It was great for the 1st year and then... it wasn't . Froyo went through a few upgrades and then gingerbread. Motorola was a little behind on upgrades and I hated to wait, I routed my phone and became a Jrummy fan ! The honeymoon didn't last as the phone was becoming very glitchy .

I decided to make the move to the iPhone 4S . The result was astonishing! The phone was soooo smooth, and the camera flawless. The best part was that 2 years later and maxed out storage and the phone still worked like new!

At upgrade time, I stood in line for the 5s. part of me knew I was ready for a big screen but I was afraid to go back to Android. The iPhone 5s is a great phone and arguably the best in terms of stability... but That Damn 4 in SCREEN!

To make a long story short ; I returned the iphone , used an old flip phone for a week and pre-ordered the Note 3.I now see what I was missing . Jellybean is smoother than ever and this phone is gorgeous. This is the best phone I've ever owned. I just hope in l year, that's still the case!

I'd love to read other comments about the switch and see if I'm not alone in my reluctancy to come back to Android.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Chris Nguyen2

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Can't really share my story as this is the first smart phone I have ever purchase. A friend gave me his Iphone 3gs a few years back but I couldn't use it cause the screen was so small it hurt my eyes.

HiMynameisMattyK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I came from an iPhone. I owned the 2G, 3GS, and the 4s. A few weeks ago, I decided I was sick of Apple and their lack of innovation. I bought the note 3 today and I am head over heels in love with this device and OS. I can't believe it took me this long to get my first Android device. I can never see myself going back to Apple.

Posted via Android Central App

Joker8891

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I came from an iPhone. I owned the 2G, 3GS, and the 4s. A few weeks ago, I decided I was sick of Apple and their lack of innovation. I bought the note 3 today and I am head over heels in love with this device and OS. I can't believe it took me this long to get my first Android device. I can never see myself going back to Apple.

Posted via Android Central App

Same boat. Switched from the 4S for the same reason. Loving the experience so far. There are some areas of polish that iOS certainly has over Android still-- one example would be highlighting text for copy/paste.

luvs2laff

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I did something similar..Palm Treo 600. 650, 700, 755p, Palm Pre..sigh...then Motorola Droid, HTC droid incredible, became slow & glitchy despite me knowing a bit about optimizing my phone, so I got the iPhone 4 when that debuted fell in love became a total fangirl, got the 4s, iPad 1&2, MacBook air & pro, stood in line for the 5 but kept having eye fatigue. then one day while in VZW I picked up the Note 2, OMG!! To me it's like taking the best of Palm and Apple and Android & putting them in one device. quickly sold that 5..what can I say..Once you go BIG you never go back :)!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

anon(8143921)

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I basically did the same as you! Went to upgrade my iPhone4 to the 5s but the salesperson convinced me to get the galaxy s4. Loved the larger screen but couldn't figure out the imessage issue whereby I couldn't receive texts from anyone on iOS. Traded back to an iPhone5 and that's when review videos for the note 3 started cropping up on YouTube.

Going back to android was definitely the right move after researching some more and finding the texting issue I had was a fault of apple and not my fancy new phone. All the more reason to switch, really... :] I tried texting on my sister's iPhone the other day and have no idea how I survived 2 years on that tiny screen!

mynewride

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been an android guy from the first day of the motorola droid. next came my galaxy nexus. I loved that phone despite its shortfalls. Both of my previous androids were rooting and romming experiments. I was always playing around with them for fun. Now I have stepped up to the note 3. All I can say is wow. At first I will admit that I was skeptical of a few things on the phone, but as I learned it was user error. Since I have figured out the device, I have been totally happy with my device. After owning a device like this, how could you ever even try to use an iphone? The only problem is finding a way to protect it, because I traditionally like my devices naked, except a screen protector. Holstering this beast is more of the issue, because if i put a case on it, the device will be too large for a normal sized pocket. I may end up with a holester of some sorts.

I will end up rooting this device, if only to get rid of some of Verizon's bloatware.

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I did the samenthing. Still have my iPhone 5 just for app use in my car but not for phone. When using iPhone I wonder how ever used that tiny screen. IPhone 6 will have a 4.8 screen in 2014 so will see how many jump back then

ryanjma

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I did the samenthing. Still have my iPhone 5 just for app use in my car but not for phone. When using iPhone I wonder how ever used that tiny screen. IPhone 6 will have a 4.8 screen in 2014 so will see how many jump back then

Only reason why I'm not to sure Iphone will have a bigger screen is because of how against it Jobs was. It would basically be completely against his ideals, and he will probably turn over in his grave if they announce it. I do think its time for it though.

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have first hand to know that it will be a bigger screen platform in 2014.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have first hand to know that it will be a bigger screen platform in 2014.

It's good to know that you have "first hand" knowledge about Apple. Lol!
But, I hope that they do come with a larger screen. If they do, there will be a lot of Android jumpers, IMO.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
But, I hope that they do come with a larger screen. If they do, there will be a lot of Android jumpers, IMO.

And if they do I might, notice I said "might", be one of them. Screen size is the single biggest thing keeping me from jumping right now. Although, now that I'm on prepaid I pay retail price for my phones. I can't see myself paying $600+ for a device. So that's another consideration. Thank God for Nexus!

MisterMe11

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
He was pretty negative on smaller sized tablets too ....

Only reason why I'm not to sure Iphone will have a bigger screen is because of how against it Jobs was. It would basically be completely against his ideals, and he will probably turn over in his grave if they announce it. I do think its time for it though.

hoekapika

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Had the G1 first Android phone . Had it for a year then I went to iphone 3gs ,4,4s,5 ordered the 5s on release day got a 10/29/13-10/30/13 shipping date while waiting I read up on this note3 and said hell with it canceled my 5s order and got the N3..just have to learn about rooting need air play compatibility

posred via my Galaxy Note 3