Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

12-29-2013 09:59 AM
71 123
tools
    I'm also getting notifications (randomly, but on average every 10 minutes, or so), even though according to my notification bar at the top of the screen, nothing has happened.

I continue to get the alerts even when Account Sync is turned off.

Only had phone 1 day, but already got loads of apps installed, so hard to pinpoint a particular app.
    10-20-2013 07:22 AM
    In having the same problem. I closer or of all apps, have it in auto brightness and have wifi and by off. Took it off the charger at 8th am and it's now 906 and have lost 8% in 10 min. Is that normal? I've taken it to the Verizon store and they say it's normal. How is that possible if I see people on here saying their battery last all day plus some. I'm a new android user, how do I add a screen shot to this question?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-20-2013 08:08 AM
    We all get a new phone and load a bunch of apps and that can be a bad thing. It's hard to tell which one is giving us trouble like draining the battery. Sometime you have to uninstall them and go back and load then one at a time a few days apart to see
    crester likes this.
    10-20-2013 09:58 AM
    10-20-2013 10:15 AM
    Dunno it it's related, but now I need to wait a second or two before I'm able to unlock the phone using the Android pattern method. I draw the line on the screen, but the phone doesn't register that anything's happened until a second has passed.

(Once the phone is unlocked I never experience any lag, though.)
    10-20-2013 10:19 AM
    I haven't seen this, but I know I love how much faster it charges. I can have it at about 50% and within less than 1 and a half hours, I get a full charged, as long as I'm not using it.
    10-20-2013 07:19 PM
    Just received my note 3 and same problem! I will try some of these tips. Hate to return it as I love it!
    10-20-2013 11:08 PM
    Dear All, this is the first time for me here, I am from Italy and here no one is talking about this issue. I bought the Note 3 on the 11th and after 4 days I had the same problem: overheated and battery drain (off in 3-4 hours). I did a factory reset and everithing was ok (1,5 days battery life). After few days i updated the Samsung Apps App and it started again. So i uninstalled the app but the drain was still there. Now after a second factory reset everything is ok again but I don't know for how long. I personally think that it is a software issue and not an hardware issue because after factory reset it works well. What do yo think? Any suggestion?
    10-21-2013 02:39 AM
    Now I know what is overheating my Note 3. There is a loop in the Contact Sync process with google server. 2-3 days after the factory reset the problem comes out and the contact syng goes on continuosly and the phone overheats and the battery lasts only 3-4 hours. I tried to uninstall all the apps but the only (temporary) solution is the factory reset. Could you check your contact sync process and let me know if you have the same problem please? The strange thing is that the first 2-3 days the sync works well and the problems comes out just after few days.
    10-22-2013 07:53 AM
    I've had my N3 for a week now and battery performance has been excellent. Granted I don't run a ton of apps but Sunday for a "test" of sorts I was on my phone all day. Youtube, web browsing, netflix, apps, phone calls etc. I think at the end of the day I still had about 40% battery left. It was all on wifi, but my iPhone would have been toast if I would have put the same workload on it.

10-22-2013 11:39 AM
    I'm having the same problem, my note 3 takes 3 hours of "heavy" usage to turn off, also it is overheating easly.
    11-09-2013 08:51 PM
    I had the same battery drain problem until I did a factory reset. Two weeks now and it seems to be much better. I've only reinstalled stuff I actually need or know I will use; anything that wants to run even after quitting (e.g. Skype) gets Force Quit. Notifications on most apps are disabled, except the few I want, e.g. email, sms, phone.

Haven't had any overheating issues, and it lives in a Spigen case.

Rob
    11-09-2013 09:02 PM
    I have same problem after Rom update 4.3 I'm tired really of this problems,, I paid a lot to buy a good phone but it seems I just wasted my money for GN3
    11-12-2013 06:56 AM
    I have same problem after Rom update 4.3 I'm tired really of this problems,, I paid a lot to buy a good phone but it seems I just wasted my money for GN3
    After rom update? You have a custom rom?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    11-12-2013 07:11 AM
    I have a GN3 for about a month now. After the ATT update I've had my battery die within hours of being charged. First time it said the internet was in use even though phone had been locked. Last night watched it drop from 100% charge to 0 from around 10 pm to 6 am when it woke me up with the beep turning off thing. Looking at the battery usage screen it says Google Play Services. I have everything configured to work off of Wifi restricted to wifi. aka turn off background data. Upon further inspection it show some Location service with Google play. My battery now has drained twice. I gave up a great Windows phone for this one ....seriously not happy and no way to return past the return phone stage. I like the N3 but we shouldnt have to go to all this work to get it to WORK....seriously I dont have a lot of apps I'm new to Andriod.
    I have one game on it and three on the storage. I have all the bloatware that I'd love to get rid off. I have Aldiko, Kindle and Nook on it and everything is on the storage so I dont get it...whats with the battery thing....anyone anyone because I spent a boat load on it and it drains overnight in hours from google play.....
    11-16-2013 09:23 AM
    Here's a thread i started about using the 4.3 app ops that let's you toggle stuff on/off at a deeper level. It works great for me.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=322082

I have posted this at least ten times. If people don't use it, it can't help them. I can only point it out when people complain about battery life.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    11-16-2013 09:30 AM
    This worked for me...

After installing Wakelock Detector (free from Google Play), I found that NLP Collector and another similarly named device was stopping my phone going to deep sleep.

There are a couple of services that you can find under 'Manage Applications' that should have be cleared.

TBH I can't totally remember, but I'm pretty sure that when I deleted the cache and cleared data of Google Play Services and Google Services Framework, that sorted out the problem. Now with phone in flight mode, after 7 hours, battery only goes down 0% or 1%. (I'm sure it's safe to do, but it *might* be worth doing a bit of research first.)

Give that a go and let us know if it worked.

Sent from my Note 3 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-16-2013 10:01 AM
    Trying out Wakelock like it so far. I've been able to keep a charge now since for a couple hours with moderate usage turning things off and on and still around 93% so, so far better but i dont like how hands on and time consuming Andriod thing is vs Windows...Just want it to go back to the pre ATT update days where draining the battery was unheard off...
    11-16-2013 10:24 AM
    Is this reasonable? I it sure why UCCW is so much when it's just a clock widget?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 3 drains battery faster than space shuttle burned fuel-1384621999846.jpg  
    11-16-2013 11:13 AM
    I too have a problem on my battery draining too fast. I have read a lot of suggestions and nothing works. Here's what I observed, when you press and hold the home button and press the pizza logo and click RAM then click clear memory, you will see that it closes a lot of applications mine more than 30. So even though you are not using your phone these apps are running. I tried the "Battery Doctor" apps as suggested from other siteand helps battery life tremendously by40%.
    11-16-2013 11:17 AM
    If I do a factory reset will I lose everything? How do I save my stuff?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    11-18-2013 10:00 AM
    I have a GN3 for about a month now. After the ATT update I've had my battery die within hours of being charged. First time it said the internet was in use even though phone had been locked. Last night watched it drop from 100% charge to 0 from around 10 pm to 6 am when it woke me up with the beep turning off thing. Looking at the battery usage screen it says Google Play Services. I have everything configured to work off of Wifi restricted to wifi. aka turn off background data. Upon further inspection it show some Location service with Google play. My battery now has drained twice. I gave up a great Windows phone for this one ....seriously not happy and no way to return past the return phone stage. I like the N3 but we shouldnt have to go to all this work to get it to WORK....seriously I dont have a lot of apps I'm new to Andriod.
    I have one game on it and three on the storage. I have all the bloatware that I'd love to get rid off. I have Aldiko, Kindle and Nook on it and everything is otwsn the storage so I dont get it...whats with the battery thing....anyone anyone because I spent a boat load on it and it drains overnight in hours from google play.....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    11-18-2013 10:00 AM
    All having a problem with a big battery drain on Note 3 - Simple switch off location service based on networks (Settings->Location services->use wireless nets (or something similar - I use Polish menu). This will help Have fun!
    sddabrow likes this.
    11-18-2013 05:17 PM
    I just had to have my note 3 replaced. It was garbage. Froze up at least twice a day and the battery life was garbage also. Samsung warrantied it and my new Note 3 is running flawlessly....

11-19-2013 04:40 AM
    I had same thing till I put it into power saving mode, pretty good now
    11-19-2013 06:55 AM
71 123