Galaxy Note 3 drains battery faster than space shuttle burned fuel

JoelAndoetoe

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Huh, installing airplay fixed your problem? That's most odd for sure. Maybe it did some overriding on another app to properly turn on and off some functions in the phone.

Yes, Airplay definitely fixed the issue. I'm down 14 percent now, after 6 hours of usage. I have no idea how or why, but the 5 euros I paid for Airplay were well worth it. :)

Posted via Android Central App

BobFr

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I had the same battery drain issue one day, after a week or so of good battery performance. I discovered that day that I still had AirDroid running even though I thought I had shut it down. Even though I had "slid" it off the open apps screen, it turned out the app had to be shut down from inside the app. I went to a movie after using AirDroid to move some files from the phone to my PC. When I got out of the movie, I was all ready to show off my new phone to my friends, but it was completely dead! They were not very impressed. I now check for this type of app performance.

TheOnlyRick

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm also getting notifications (randomly, but on average every 10 minutes, or so), even though according to my notification bar at the top of the screen, nothing has happened.

I continue to get the alerts even when Account Sync is turned off.

Only had phone 1 day, but already got loads of apps installed, so hard to pinpoint a particular app.

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
In having the same problem. I closer or of all apps, have it in auto brightness and have wifi and by off. Took it off the charger at 8th am and it's now 906 and have lost 8% in 10 min. Is that normal? I've taken it to the Verizon store and they say it's normal. How is that possible if I see people on here saying their battery last all day plus some. I'm a new android user, how do I add a screen shot to this question?

capcom303

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
We all get a new phone and load a bunch of apps and that can be a bad thing. It's hard to tell which one is giving us trouble like draining the battery. Sometime you have to uninstall them and go back and load then one at a time a few days apart to see

TheOnlyRick

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Dunno it it's related, but now I need to wait a second or two before I'm able to unlock the phone using the Android pattern method. I draw the line on the screen, but the phone doesn't register that anything's happened until a second has passed.

(Once the phone is unlocked I never experience any lag, though.)

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen this, but I know I love how much faster it charges. I can have it at about 50% and within less than 1 and a half hours, I get a full charged, as long as I'm not using it.

influsso

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Dear All, this is the first time for me here, I am from Italy and here no one is talking about this issue. I bought the Note 3 on the 11th and after 4 days I had the same problem: overheated and battery drain (off in 3-4 hours). I did a factory reset and everithing was ok (1,5 days battery life). After few days i updated the Samsung Apps App and it started again. So i uninstalled the app but the drain was still there. Now after a second factory reset everything is ok again but I don't know for how long. I personally think that it is a software issue and not an hardware issue because after factory reset it works well. What do yo think? Any suggestion?

influsso

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Now I know what is overheating my Note 3. There is a loop in the Contact Sync process with google server. 2-3 days after the factory reset the problem comes out and the contact syng goes on continuosly and the phone overheats and the battery lasts only 3-4 hours. I tried to uninstall all the apps but the only (temporary) solution is the factory reset. Could you check your contact sync process and let me know if you have the same problem please? The strange thing is that the first 2-3 days the sync works well and the problems comes out just after few days.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had my N3 for a week now and battery performance has been excellent. Granted I don't run a ton of apps but Sunday for a "test" of sorts I was on my phone all day. Youtube, web browsing, netflix, apps, phone calls etc. I think at the end of the day I still had about 40% battery left. It was all on wifi, but my iPhone would have been toast if I would have put the same workload on it.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same battery drain problem until I did a factory reset. Two weeks now and it seems to be much better. I've only reinstalled stuff I actually need or know I will use; anything that wants to run even after quitting (e.g. Skype) gets Force Quit. Notifications on most apps are disabled, except the few I want, e.g. email, sms, phone.

Haven't had any overheating issues, and it lives in a Spigen case.

Rob

Samantha800

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have same problem after Rom update 4.3 I'm tired really of this problems,, I paid a lot to buy a good phone but it seems I just wasted my money for GN3 :mad:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have same problem after Rom update 4.3 I'm tired really of this problems,, I paid a lot to buy a good phone but it seems I just wasted my money for GN3 :mad:

After rom update? You have a custom rom?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Nikki Raichlin

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a GN3 for about a month now. After the ATT update I've had my battery die within hours of being charged. First time it said the internet was in use even though phone had been locked. Last night watched it drop from 100% charge to 0 from around 10 pm to 6 am when it woke me up with the beep turning off thing. Looking at the battery usage screen it says Google Play Services. I have everything configured to work off of Wifi restricted to wifi. aka turn off background data. Upon further inspection it show some Location service with Google play. My battery now has drained twice. I gave up a great Windows phone for this one ....seriously not happy and no way to return past the return phone stage. I like the N3 but we shouldnt have to go to all this work to get it to WORK....seriously I dont have a lot of apps I'm new to Andriod.
I have one game on it and three on the storage. I have all the bloatware that I'd love to get rid off. I have Aldiko, Kindle and Nook on it and everything is on the storage so I dont get it...whats with the battery thing....anyone anyone because I spent a boat load on it and it drains overnight in hours from google play.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC