10-25-2013 04:06 AM
60 123
tools
    Wait for a CyanogenMod ROM and keep your Note 3

Posted via Android Central App
    I did this w/my GS3. I never had a bug-free experience with any AOSP rom I tried. I mean like deal-breaker bugs. I ended up selling it and getting an N4. Just sayin'. YMMV

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    10-23-2013 07:47 PM
    I did this w/my GS3. I never had a bug-free experience with any AOSP rom I tried. I mean like deal-breaker bugs. I ended up selling it and getting an N4. Just sayin'. YMMV

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Stable builds or nightlies? That sucks, only one I had was the proximity sensor taking a while to adjust after removing it from my ear during phone calls

Posted via Android Central App
    10-23-2013 08:00 PM
    Nexus 7
    10-23-2013 08:02 PM
    Aww that's lame man.

Sent from my Verizon Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Yeah it is...but I have a plan.

Nexus 7
    10-23-2013 08:03 PM
    No removable Battery, no deal

on GN3
    Honestly, how often people remove battery?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    10-23-2013 08:17 PM

I just like knowing I can if I should want to.

Nexus 7
    10-23-2013 08:21 PM
    I just like knowing I can if I should want to.

Nexus 7
    Which means you'll have to buy a battery, battery charger and carry it with you? that's ghetto!
    I used to do that in 2006, when smartphone battery life sucked. Most of the time I felt needed to swap the battery either I wasn't carrying battery on me, or I had forgotten to charge it, or I was on a phone call.

10-23-2013 08:29 PM
    Which means you'll have to buy a battery, battery charger and carry it with you? that's ghetto!
    I used to do that in 2006, when smartphone battery life sucked. Most of the time I felt needed to swap the battery either I wasn't carrying battery on me, or I had forgotten to charge it, or I was on a phone call.

No no. It means if I wear my battery out I can swap in a brand spanking new one.

P.S. What seems ghetto to you could seem like high-class versatility to others.

from the legendary yet secondary Note II
    10-23-2013 08:50 PM
    The Moto X was too small for hands. I love the UI on the X but it just felt uncomfortably small. I can't have anything smaller than my GNex. The HTC One was my original phone to get, but that took forever to get to VZ. And I had a feeling VZ was going to treat it like the GNex. Slow updates. No accessories at the store. Stuff like that. So I went with my gut and got a "popular" phone so that I can get updates somewhat fast. And have accessories to chose from. Even in 2 years from now like the GS3. That's why I went with the Note.

Sent from my Verizon Note 3 using Tapatalk
    You should probably consider the Droid Maxx on Verizon then. I had a GNex myself, and at the time, I wanted the vanilla Android experience after coming from the Droid X having had the OG. The Droid X just had far too much bloatware which contributed it to lagging, far too locked down, and really needed something like Launcher Pro or another custom launcher to be skinned over Blur or whatever it was called.

Times have changed since then tough. We're able to disable (or turn-off) apps in the settings, and there are a few launchers out there to use such as Nova or Apex which makes things like TouchWhiz and Sense far less invasive. With advances in technology, previous gen phones like the S3 and Note 2 are more than capable of handling anything that is thrown at it today. This isn't to say that these phone won't be outdated soon, but more rather to say that they won't be passed over so quickly as they did as we now have multi-core processors which are more than capable now, longer battery life, good dev support for certain devices, etc. So once upon a time, it made total sense to get a Nexus since it was a near top of the line phone with the latest Android version on it. Now, this is really the case as we have a line of phones with great specs, ROMs available, and a load of apps to fit most people's needs. Oh, there are also GPE and Developer Edition's out there.

So is a Nexus device still great? Sure it is as it has great specs. The best part is the subsidized price at or around $350. It's MUCH easier to root & ROM these; all things we already know.

This just so happens to be the N3 forum. This is probably the single, only phone that a Nexus cannot directly replace as the screen is much bigger AND features the S-Pen which is unique only to this device. This also separates it from other phablets which are simply just bigger screened phones. Obviously here, the target customer differs.

I'm off that Nexus bandwagon. Loved my GNex and had no reason to upgrade other than it's **** poor battery life. My reception was pretty good despite many other's complaining about it though that may be because I live in San Francisco Bay Area where Verizon towers are seemingly ubiquitous. There seems to be far less reasons to root now as I can just get FoxFi if I needed an internet connection or have a list of other apps to 'customize' my phone.
    10-24-2013 02:30 PM

once ever year or two years. When i want to replenish my phone to long lasting status, or when I try to sell it with a long lasting battery.

Its also handy when I am to go on a week long trip to crazy places.
    Weaser999 likes this.
    10-25-2013 04:06 AM
60 123