Note 3 usb charging issues - just want to confirm

isaacjkim

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I just want to confirm if your Note 3 charges fine via usb->laptop. One guy on the forum is having issues but if its just us two then i will return my phone tomorrow.

Thanks,

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Working fine for me. Charging in the car, not so much, but I have a new 2.5 amp charger coming tomorrow, should solve that.

sulman sarwar

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a macbook pro and I have just taken Note 3 on contract from vodafone. First couple of days Note 3 charged fine through USB data cable plugged into my macbook pro. I used both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 cables. Both were working fine. Since yesterday suddenly it wont charge when plugged into my macbook via usb. I have atleast 3 different cables. It shows that its connected as media device and charging. I can transfer files and everything but it wont charge. I plugged the mobile in the wall socket and now it charges fine but that's not convenient. Anybody else having same issue? Any solution?

VAHE999

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Anybody can aNswer my question?i have galaxy note 3...its not charging via usb...when i plug it into my pc the battery % goes down...I try to factory reset....after reset it works fine,but when i try copy videofiles in my phone after copying videofiles the % goes down again...what happening?its like my phone dont like videofiles????SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am still trying to wrap my brain around all the usb charging specs but usb 2.0 will probably not charge your phone. 500ma just isn't enough juice. Go to Amazon and search Mediabridge car chargers. Read the reviews and it explains a lot about iphone standards, low power standards, high power standards, data pin shorting and all the other complicated stuff. I still don't know the differences between usb 2.0 and 3.0 but there are differences. There are differences in data and charging cables was what I got out of it. The only way to get high power is short the data wires and I still don't know if computer usb will handle it. I'm not going to experiment either.

ATT N3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan