Ring tone changes back to default

CMYMUD

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I changed my ring tone and even call my phone to make sure it took. Then I check later and it's back to the Verizon stock ring tone. Any one else have this issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Strange. Do you have the ringtone saved to the device storage or SD card? I always recommend phone storage for any notification sounds since I've had issues with external storage in the past (Including Note II).

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Try this...... Set it, shut down the phone, boot it back up.

I'm curious if that will force it to save.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

CMYMUD

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Restarted after making the change and no help. By the way I'm trying to change the ring tone to one of the other stock tones.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I was having this problem on my Samsung Stratosphere just before I turned it in for my Note 3. I suspect the SD card wasn't seated properly because I'd occasionally get an error that the card wouldn't be recognized. The phone had a lot of other problems relating to age, use, etc. though. And it did only start doing it towards the end of the phone's life.

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by "uninstalled your sound profile app"? I'm having the same problem; phone keeps going back to a default ringtone and I cannot find a pattern to it. Sometimes it's after rebooting, other times not. Thanks.

CMYMUD

May 10, 2011
Visit site
The app I was using was called "sound profile" I just un installed it and reinstalled it and that fixed my problem

Toni Corcanoe

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
If you are using SoundProfile by Corcanoe then you need to set the ringtones for each profile. This way you may have a different ringtone at home or at work. That is why every time you activated a profile the ringtone set in SoundProfile was activated, too.
To change it do this:

-Edit the profile you want to change the ringtone. To do that open the Edit Profiles screen and select the profile you want to edit.

-Click on the Tone next to call volume slider (please not there are 2 tone buttons. One for calls, the other one for the default notification).

Tone buttons.png

-A list with the available ringtones in your phone will be displayed. Choose the one you want.

In case you want to use a mp3 file (or any other music file stored in your SD-Card) then you need a File Explorer Browser.
SoundProfile recommends a free one called ES File Explorer File Manager.
-Don't forget to Save your changes.

Repeat for every profile.
Please, for more information write to corcanoe@gmail.com

coldfirefusion001

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
"Strange. Do you have the ringtone saved to the device storage or SD card? I always recommend phone storage for any notification sounds since I've had issues with external storage in the past (Including Note II)."

I think this is my issue. So how do you remove the ringtones from the sd card on a Note II?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
"Strange. Do you have the ringtone saved to the device storage or SD card? I always recommend phone storage for any notification sounds since I've had issues with external storage in the past (Including Note II)."

I think this is my issue. So how do you remove the ringtones from the sd card on a Note II?

Copy them from the external card to internal memory or card with a file explorer. (I don't remember if the Note II has an internal SD card or not.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae