11-23-2013 08:40 AM
69 123
tools
    Got mine also after reading this thread! thx!
    10-19-2013 06:18 PM
    Actually, I only charge the phone when it is off at night. But my point was simply that no matter where, when, or how you are going to charge a battery faster is better in my book. Your mileage may vary.
    Well you are a rare breed,, shutting the phone down to charge. I was speaking in general to begin with,, most people charge with phone on,, most people never shut phone off.. My point is still logical and valid.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    10-19-2013 07:38 PM
    I've ordered this from there android central store. It's been a few weeks and it's still not in stock

Sent from one of my many device
    10-19-2013 11:05 PM
    Could a sprint one work for a Verizon phone? I mean, it's the same battery, same charger, right? If so, I'm there tomorrow.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-19-2013 11:28 PM
    Well you are a rare breed,, shutting the phone down to charge. I was speaking in general to begin with,, most people charge with phone on,, most people never shut phone off.. My point is still logical and valid.

I apologize if you felt I was questioning your statement. I was only trying to point out that not everyone keeps their phone while charging it. Being into Conspiracy Theories LOL I turn my gear off when not using and remove the batteries when not charging when not in use. As the cartoon Rooster Leghorn would say, "That is a joke son". ;*)
    zmann likes this.
    10-19-2013 11:42 PM
    Could a sprint one work for a Verizon phone? I mean, it's the same battery, same charger, right? If so, I'm there tomorrow.

Yes.
    atrain311qes109 likes this.
    10-20-2013 06:29 AM
    10-20-2013 08:46 PM
    Going on a trip and couldn't wait for Verizon. Got mine from Sprint after reading this thread. Thanks everyone. Sprint didn't even know they had it. Called and was told no but went in person and they had three.
    10-21-2013 08:58 AM
    Nice find and thanks for sharing!
    I've been searching to see if a company within the .US sells these but no go yet. I ordered a usb charger about a week back for $7.99 (6ft) so I'm gonna wait to see how long it takes to receive that first.
    10-21-2013 09:47 AM
    Make sure it has NFC. All of the knock offs I have found advertised don't have the NFC capability.
    10-21-2013 10:32 AM
    Make sure it has NFC. All of the knock offs I have found advertised don't have the NFC capability.
    How do you tell? NFC is a feature on a battery and not per device?
    10-21-2013 11:28 AM
    How do you tell? NFC is a feature on a battery and not per device?
    My understanding, and I am sure there are folks more knowledgeable that will correct me if I am wrong, is that on Samsung devices the NFC function ability is built into the battery.
    10-21-2013 11:58 AM
    My understanding, and I am sure there are folks more knowledgeable that will correct me if I am wrong, is that on Samsung devices the NFC function ability is built into the battery.
    NFC is built in the phone, but NFC antenna is built in the battery. So if you buy a non-Samsung battery without the antenna, NFC will be non-functional.
    beh likes this.
    10-21-2013 05:53 PM
    What are you guys using NFC for anyway?
    10-21-2013 06:25 PM
    Going on a trip and couldn't wait for Verizon. Got mine from Sprint after reading this thread. Thanks everyone. Sprint didn't even know they had it. Called and was told no but went in person and they had three.
    Went to my local Sprint, they didn't have it. Sigh.

10-21-2013 06:49 PM
    I use it to transfer files between my S4 and Note 3 and sharing files with my kids Samsung phones.. Once AT&T gets their doggie dung together I will use it to "tap and pay" at various stores.
    10-22-2013 02:28 PM
    Easiest way after you gave purchased a non-Samsung battery is to try and transfer a picture between NFC capable phones. If it works your battery has the antenna. That said, I have never found a non-Samsung branded battery that has the required antenna. From my experience, in this particular case, you definitely get what you pay for.
    If anyone has found a non-Samsung battery for an S4 or Note 3 that has a working NFC antenna I would love to learn of it.
    10-22-2013 02:32 PM
    Just be aware that a charger that doesn't have a 2 Amp output per USB port will not charge the Note 3 or the Note 8 or the S4 as fast as possible. And if the charger has only a 0.7 Amp output it will actually drain your Note 3 instead of charge it. A quick search on Amazon or the like will provide you with a number of 2 Amp output wall and car chargers but I think you will find that they are not the "low cost leaders".
    10-22-2013 02:35 PM
    Well I purchased 2 non nfc batteries with the charger and it's all good. I'll never need them but if I do they are there. I also will buy the Samsung kit. Did the same with my note 2,,bought a bunch of cheap non brand that worked great, and also bought 1 stock spare.

10-22-2013 05:12 PM
    Having had a great experience with Hyperion batteries for my original Note, I bought their combo pack - 2 batteries with NFC and a charger for my Note 3 seen here: Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ALL Models 2 x 3200mAh Battery + Charger **NOW WITH NFC/GOOGLE WALLET** Compatible with AT&T / T-Mobile / Sprint / and Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and International Samsung Galaxy Note III N7200 Models [2 The batteries took longer to charge than the Note 3 with Samsung's charger and the Hyperion charger is a pain in the neck. It has movable contact points and only a comment under the item told me where to set it. All in all, I wish I'd spent more and gotten Samsung's. I also bought 2 3.0 usb cables from Amazon Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B (9 Feet / 2.7 Meters): Computers & Accessories and only one of them worked. sigh Just thought I'd warn everyone so you don't share my disappointment.
    10-22-2013 06:05 PM
    These 2 batts & charger shipped yesterday No hassle charger, NFC Batteries & hopefully batteries will be as good as OEM! Just put my phone on the charger after 4+ days
    Amazon.com: Caseology 2 X 3200 mAh Li-ion Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Travel Wall Charger with USB Port (Non-NFC) [18-Month Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Cheers, Jon
    10-22-2013 06:38 PM
    Does NFC actually work with your Note 3 and these Hyperion batteries? Cheap cables are an abomination.
    The Samsung charger works beautifully exactly as their charger for the S3 and for the S4 do. And the S4 and Note 3 batteries come with a nice quality storage box as well. The battery and charger also carry a 1 year warranty, at least from Sprint.
    A person saves a couple of bucks and then can't charge and/or transfer data when it is needed. Been there, done that, bought the sun visor, T-shirt, and key chain.
    10-22-2013 06:41 PM
    These 2 batts & charger shipped yesterday No hassle charger, NFC Batteries & hopefully batteries will be as good as OEM! Just put my phone on the charger after 4+ days
    Amazon.com: Caseology 2 X 3200 mAh Li-ion Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Travel Wall Charger with USB Port (Non-NFC) [18-Month Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Cheers, Jon
    Dang. I just paid double this amount for the Hyperion set. Today is my first day with the Hyperion set, but so far the Hyperion batteries seem to have life at least as good, if not better than, the Samsung OEM battery. Of course, that may change once the batteries settle in a bit. Another thing I like about some of these 3rd party chargers is that they don't require the USB cord - they plug directly into the wall. Less clutter. Less hassle. But the Hyperion batteries do charge much slower with the Hyperion charger than they will with the Samsung external charger.
    10-22-2013 06:52 PM
    When your charging this way, you shouldn't be in a hurry anyway Slower charge is better for the battery

Cheers, Jon
    Dang. I just paid double this amount for the Hyperion set. Today is my first day with the Hyperion set, but so far the Hyperion batteries seem to have life at least as good, if not better than, the Samsung OEM battery. Of course, that may change once the batteries settle in a bit. Another thing I like about some of these 3rd party chargers is that they don't require the USB cord - they plug directly into the wall. Less clutter. Less hassle. But the Hyperion batteries do charge much slower with the Hyperion charger than they will with the Samsung external charger.
    10-22-2013 07:28 PM
    Samsung has it on their site, finally, but of course its on back order.
    10-22-2013 08:07 PM
69 123