Samsung spare battery charging kit

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use it to transfer files between my S4 and Note 3 and sharing files with my kids Samsung phones.. Once AT&T gets their doggie dung together I will use it to "tap and pay" at various stores.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Easiest way after you gave purchased a non-Samsung battery is to try and transfer a picture between NFC capable phones. If it works your battery has the antenna. That said, I have never found a non-Samsung branded battery that has the required antenna. From my experience, in this particular case, you definitely get what you pay for.
If anyone has found a non-Samsung battery for an S4 or Note 3 that has a working NFC antenna I would love to learn of it.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Just be aware that a charger that doesn't have a 2 Amp output per USB port will not charge the Note 3 or the Note 8 or the S4 as fast as possible. And if the charger has only a 0.7 Amp output it will actually drain your Note 3 instead of charge it. A quick search on Amazon or the like will provide you with a number of 2 Amp output wall and car chargers but I think you will find that they are not the "low cost leaders".

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I purchased 2 non nfc batteries with the charger and it's all good. I'll never need them but if I do they are there. I also will buy the Samsung kit. Did the same with my note 2,,bought a bunch of cheap non brand that worked great, and also bought 1 stock spare.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Having had a great experience with Hyperion batteries for my original Note, I bought their combo pack - 2 batteries with NFC and a charger for my Note 3 seen here: Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ALL Models 2 x 3200mAh Battery + Charger **NOW WITH NFC/GOOGLE WALLET** Compatible with AT&T / T-Mobile / Sprint / and Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and International Samsung Galaxy Note III N7200 Models [2 The batteries took longer to charge than the Note 3 with Samsung's charger and the Hyperion charger is a pain in the neck. It has movable contact points and only a comment under the item told me where to set it. All in all, I wish I'd spent more and gotten Samsung's. I also bought 2 3.0 usb cables from Amazon Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B (9 Feet / 2.7 Meters): Computers & Accessories and only one of them worked. sigh Just thought I'd warn everyone so you don't share my disappointment.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Does NFC actually work with your Note 3 and these Hyperion batteries? Cheap cables are an abomination.
The Samsung charger works beautifully exactly as their charger for the S3 and for the S4 do. And the S4 and Note 3 batteries come with a nice quality storage box as well. The battery and charger also carry a 1 year warranty, at least from Sprint.
A person saves a couple of bucks and then can't charge and/or transfer data when it is needed. Been there, done that, bought the sun visor, T-shirt, and key chain.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
These 2 batts & charger shipped yesterday :) No hassle charger, NFC Batteries & hopefully batteries will be as good as OEM! Just put my phone on the charger after 4+ days :D
Amazon.com: Caseology 2 X 3200 mAh Li-ion Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Travel Wall Charger with USB Port (Non-NFC) [18-Month Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Cheers, Jon

Dang. I just paid double this amount for the Hyperion set. Today is my first day with the Hyperion set, but so far the Hyperion batteries seem to have life at least as good, if not better than, the Samsung OEM battery. Of course, that may change once the batteries settle in a bit. Another thing I like about some of these 3rd party chargers is that they don't require the USB cord - they plug directly into the wall. Less clutter. Less hassle. But the Hyperion batteries do charge much slower with the Hyperion charger than they will with the Samsung external charger.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
When your charging this way, you shouldn't be in a hurry anyway :) Slower charge is better for the battery :)

Cheers, Jon
Dang. I just paid double this amount for the Hyperion set. Today is my first day with the Hyperion set, but so far the Hyperion batteries seem to have life at least as good, if not better than, the Samsung OEM battery. Of course, that may change once the batteries settle in a bit. Another thing I like about some of these 3rd party chargers is that they don't require the USB cord - they plug directly into the wall. Less clutter. Less hassle. But the Hyperion batteries do charge much slower with the Hyperion charger than they will with the Samsung external charger.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When your charging this way, you shouldn't be in a hurry anyway :) Slower charge is better for the battery :)

Cheers, Jon

It's that right? I'd still rather have a fast charge, and change out the batteries as needed. But then again, a fast charge isn't critical for me on an external charger with a spare battery.

sent from my Note 3

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
These are the results of my first day with the Hyperion battery.

Screenshots_2013-10-22-21-12-53-1.png

Screenshots_2013-10-22-21-13-23.png

sent from my Note 3

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine should be here today but you are mistaken, they are non nfc.... Says it right in the add. Funny,, I ordered mine the week before release day and that whole package was just 4 dollars. I have been waiting but still,, 4 dollars. Now it is 17,,,strange

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I take it you have to buy the battery... Then the charging kit?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I take it you have to buy the battery... Then the charging kit?

No the kit comes with battery, charger and power plug plus plastic holder which i carry my spare in

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Oh it comes with the battery? Why would people buy the battery only for $40 (which they sell) instead of buying the charger and battery for $40?

Crazy :eek:.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
tehepe7y.jpg
one week before note 3 release day this set was on amazon for 4 dollars,, I could not resist,, same set today is still on amazon but for 18 dollars now.

slwatts

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to this forum, I just picked up the own charging kit from a local sprint store. Just in time for a business trip.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk