Samsung spare battery charging kit

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I too got mine from a Sprint store after reading this thread. Interesting that the charger is only 1A and the attached cable is USB 2 not the USB 3 and a 2A output to allow for the faster charging.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I too got mine from a Sprint store after reading this thread. Interesting that the charger is only 1A and the attached cable is USB 2 not the USB 3 and a 2A output to allow for the faster charging.

If you think about it when you charge the phone the battery is in use while charging,, the spare battery is not.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If you think about it when you charge the phone the battery is in use while charging,, the spare battery is not.

Actually, I only charge the phone when it is off at night. But my point was simply that no matter where, when, or how you are going to charge a battery faster is better in my book. Your mileage may vary.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
thanks to this thread, I picked one up at my local sprint store. Charging now, and perfect timing as i'm flying out tomorrow.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I only charge the phone when it is off at night. But my point was simply that no matter where, when, or how you are going to charge a battery faster is better in my book. Your mileage may vary.

Well you are a rare breed,, shutting the phone down to charge. I was speaking in general to begin with,, most people charge with phone on,, most people never shut phone off.. My point is still logical and valid.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I've ordered this from there android central store. It's been a few weeks and it's still not in stock

Sent from one of my many device

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Could a sprint one work for a Verizon phone? I mean, it's the same battery, same charger, right? If so, I'm there tomorrow.

Posted via Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Well you are a rare breed,, shutting the phone down to charge. I was speaking in general to begin with,, most people charge with phone on,, most people never shut phone off.. My point is still logical and valid.

I apologize if you felt I was questioning your statement. I was only trying to point out that not everyone keeps their phone while charging it. Being into Conspiracy Theories LOL I turn my gear off when not using and remove the batteries when not charging when not in use. As the cartoon Rooster Leghorn would say, "That is a joke son". ;*)

gadgetgalbb

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Going on a trip and couldn't wait for Verizon. Got mine from Sprint after reading this thread. Thanks everyone. Sprint didn't even know they had it. Called and was told no but went in person and they had three.

milisivana

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
How do you tell? NFC is a feature on a battery and not per device?

My understanding, and I am sure there are folks more knowledgeable that will correct me if I am wrong, is that on Samsung devices the NFC function ability is built into the battery.

verendus

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My understanding, and I am sure there are folks more knowledgeable that will correct me if I am wrong, is that on Samsung devices the NFC function ability is built into the battery.

NFC is built in the phone, but NFC antenna is built in the battery. So if you buy a non-Samsung battery without the antenna, NFC will be non-functional.

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Going on a trip and couldn't wait for Verizon. Got mine from Sprint after reading this thread. Thanks everyone. Sprint didn't even know they had it. Called and was told no but went in person and they had three.

Went to my local Sprint, they didn't have it. Sigh.

Posted via Android Central App