Anyone know how can I remove the Flipboard "System App" please?

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
It's pulling battery life and I don't want to use it. Any ideas how it can be removed without rooting?

You can not remove flipboard/magazine apps. Built in bloatware I believe. You can disable it from your home button, control what info it refreshes and put a different launcher so when you swipe down on the screen, it's not launched. Otherwise, you will need to root. :)

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
If what you want is to stop Flipboard from working completely go into the settings....more...application manager and disable Flipboard. You can not uninstall it because is part of the bloatware but it can be disable.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Technically speaking YOU can remove it, you just need to be rooted to do so. Then of course if you want to ever get an OTA you must go back to stock before accepting an OTA not that you should EVER accept an OTA while rooted in the first place.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Problem is............. not any body wants to ROOT ............some people is happy with their phone the way they are ...........

bprochon

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't be draining much battery at all unless you're signed into it and /or open it.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Deaj

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If what you want is to stop Flipboard from working completely go into the settings....more...application manager and disable Flipboard. You can not uninstall it because is part of the bloatware but it can be disable.

This sounds like a good solution.

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately Nova launcher disables things like being able to see how many texts or emails you have. Otherwise I love it but that was a deal breaker for me.

Not if you add the Tesla plugin, I find it works great, gives notification count for calls, messages and email, including gmail. You can even select which mailboxes to count.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63