Who resisted and who wishes they'd resisted?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe in your dreams, but in reality that nearly HD resolution is way too low for the screen size. And that is just one of the things Note2 is not having while Note3 has, but a game stopper for me.

The screen on the note 2 isn't bad. Not as good as the note 3 of course. Some people can't tell the difference in ppi between the ipad 2 and the new ipad, so for some, pixel density is not a big deal. To each his own.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I went "from" the Note 2 to the Note III and have no regrets at all. I'm excited to be able to use the Galaxy Gear now. I also like the weight distribution of the Note 3 better. I've had no problems with the Note 3. I'm not a heavy talker, so I don't know about any call quality issues. I also like the enhanced S View screen information that is given on the Note 3 over the S4.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
IMO, a fingerprint scanner would be a sign that Samsung is hellbent on copying all things Apple, so I'm glad they didn't go that route. Fortunately for me, my upgrade was more out of necessity and not me just wanting to upgrade. I had a Rezound with a cracked screen so I was compelled to upgrade. I know that in the mobile market, it's only a matter of time before what is available now will be overshadowed by what's just around the corner. I'm perfectly fine with my phone being one of the current top performers and with it providing me with a long service life. Now if only the Galaxy Gear will come down a few hundred dollars since it's pretty much a senior citizen when it comes to tech novelty....... :D

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I had to get away from iOS 7 ASAP.
The most advanced Android is note3. So here I am.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

iOS 7 was good for me but it doesn't compare to Android with Touch Wiz over it. Its like a perfect software marriage. I really can't complain about my Note 3 and the phone is only going to get better wth the updates,

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried too, I even posted I would wait a few months knowing the price would go down at kijiji.

I really thought I would keep it after buying the hTc One again but sold it the day Note 3 came out.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Note 3 to replace a S4. I have used fingerprint scanners on laptops and found them more trouble than they were worth. I had wireless charging on a Palm Pre+ and it was a nice feature but with no standard for wireless charging yet and newer systems coming online from Samsung and Sony (both different and different than Qi) I would not want to get a phone with wireless charging now and be left in the cold like the Palm Pre+.
I find the Note 3 screen to be as good as the Note 8 which is exceptionally good.
For me it was a great choice and the right time to choose.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Note 3 to replace a S4. I have used fingerprint scanners on laptops and found them more trouble than they were worth. I had wireless charging on a Palm Pre+ and it was a nice feature but with no standard for wireless charging yet and newer systems coming online from Samsung and Sony (both different and different than Qi) I would not want to get a phone with wireless charging now and be left in the cold like the Palm Pre+.
I find the Note 3 screen to be as good as the Note 8 which is exceptionally good.

The fingerprint scanner on my then HP laptop is crap. You are required to slide your thumb downwards and I always get the message 'Please slide slower' or 'Please slide faster'.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I moved from a Note 2 to a Note 3. The Note 3 is better in many ways as many of you have pointed out. But I am disappointed in the Note 3's camera and that the Note 3 cannot play more than a few songs via Chromecast with the screen off without losing the connection.

sent from my Note 3

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I moved from a Note 2 to a Note 3. The Note 3 is better in many ways as many of you have pointed out. But I am disappointed in the Note 3's camera and that the Note 3 cannot play more than a few songs via Chromecast with the screen off without losing the connection.

sent from my Note 3

Do you have the auto data switcher?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

sent from my Note 3

What do you find to be disappointing in the camera?

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I initially did, but I am so glad I caved in a purchased the note 3. Huge improvement especially in the screen! Samsung did a good job of improving everything. I could go on, but I wont. Those that are keeping the note 2 another year still have quite a phone. I still have mine. Going to do some camera shots I'm the dim with them both.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I resisted, but caved in and I am so glad I did.This phone is close to perfect for me. I upgraded from a Note 1.

Only gripe is lack of oem accessories. I had a Samsung car and desk dock for the Note 1 that doesn't fit Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

JimmyJusticeUSA

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine. I upgraded from an iphone for the samsung gear. The gear hasn't come in yet but I love the note 3 so far, once I get used to android more and my gear gets here I'm sure i'll love it even more

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The iPhone 5s fingerprint scanner works great. Press once just like you normally do to turn on the screen with the home button and the screen is unlocked. No extra effort is required, beyond the initial setup which takes about a minute. So it can certainly be done right.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
No extra effort is required to send the fingerprint you scan in to the NSA either lol. I'm sure they could have a field day with this. Use fingerprint scanning to Id a criminal then the gps to hunt you down.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol