New Android user :/

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
So I've had an iPhone for 4 years but wanted to try something new and heard the note 3 was way better than the 5s so I went ahead and got it. First couple of days I had it I hated it but now I actually Like it. My only problem with it is the battery life. That's one of the main reasonsi switched phones cuz my iPhone needed to be charged 5xa day to keep any battery life on it. I've had this phone for 4 days now and have only downloaded 3-4 apps on it and my battery life drains Quickly. For example I took it off the charger today at 10:20 am and it is now 1:05and down to 59%. Is that normal?was I just hoping for better battery then it cam rapt give. When I was at work it was the same thing and I don't want to have to carry around a charger like I did with iPhone. ANOTHER thing that bugs me is that when its on wifi it says there is no internet connection when I know there this bc other devices are connected to it. I took it to Verizon yesterday and they said the battery situation is normal but from what I've been reading everyone had been saying their battery life is great. Could there be something wrong with my phone? I close out of the apps and don't do YouTube or stream any music so I don't know why the battery drains?

Posted via Android Central App

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Without seeing screen shots of what is going on with the battery or what could be killing it is hard to say.

Your phone was on for 3-4 hours. Is that 3+ hours of screen time? YouTube and music aren't the only things that kill battery fast.

I know this, if I did the stuff on my note3 on a iPhone5 I'd be Charging the iphone 5 times a day. That right there shows how much better the battery is on the note 3.

smakena

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
No there isn't anything wrong with your phone. The Galaxy note 3 has been receiving bad reviews about its battery life, as compared to its predecessor the Note 2. As far as the wifi connection issue, I'd definitely advise that you take it back to where you bought it from and get it checked out. Samsung devices have a 1 year warranty (may vary according to different countries) so you can always get it replaced if this issue is really bugging you. And as for charging, it might be best to just have a USB table in your drawer at work. It's the most convenient thing for me.

All the best!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

You're arguably in possession of the best phone ever created so let's see what we can do to get things straightened out for you. You'll want to disable things like BlueTooth and GPS/Location services unless you're actively using them. They can be battery slurpers. It may be helpful to post a screen shot of your battery life. That'll be in Settings-->General--Battery. Power+home and you'll get your screen shot which should look similar to this:

Battery2.jpg

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the screen shot, but don't know how to add it to the screen. I have my screen brightness on auto.

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Look at what apps you have....they can be draining on your battery. I turn off notifications for nearly all apps except for the ones I want notifications, this helps a lot. Also, when I first got my note 3 the battery life didn't seem as good as my note 2, but after about 2 weeks it has gotten significantly better, like better than my note 2.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I use my phone heavily all day and have never drained it. I've been off the charger for 9 hours now and I'm at 57% You either have a defective phone or some bad apps are sucking down your battery. Do you have a screenshot of your battery usage screen?

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I use my phone heavily all day and have never drained it. I've been off the charger for 9 hours now and I'm at 57% You either have a defective phone or some bad apps are sucking down your battery. Do you have a screenshot of your battery usage screen?

How do I put the screen shot on here? It can't be apps as I have only downloaded 3 apps which is fb, bank of America and some coupon app. I called Verizon today and the tech support lady said she thinks I have a defective battery.

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Today I charged my phone to 100% and by 3pm it was at 40% and I didn't use it much as I was running errands. It's at 25% now and that's after having to charge it as it went down to 15% AROUND 5. I left it charging for an hour and it o lyrics went up 8% before.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
When you reply, next to the Discard button is a camera. Click it then look for the screen shot you wanna upload.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Press power and home together to take a screen shot. I had a coupon app, don't recall which one, but it killed my battery. It wanted to provide me with info on stores around me and was constantly using gps and data non stop. Uninstalled it and the problem went away.

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I've tried doing that and it doesn't work. Tried several times and still no luck. It's not the same coupon app. This one is just a forum like this one. And I have my gps and any other "extras" off. But what's the point of having such a powerful phone if I can't do anything with it. And when I click reply there is no options anywhere on the screen, not even the discard button like someone else mentioned.

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I've tried doing that and it doesn't work. Tried several times and still no luck. It's not the same coupon app. This one is just a forum like this one. And I have my gps and any other "extras" off. But what's the point of having such a powerful phone if I can't do anything with it. And when I click reply there is no options anywhere on the screen, not even the discard button like someone else mentioned.

Posted via Android Central

Ive found less issues using the tapatalk 2 app. You may have an easier time with thst than the native ac app

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

You don't have to turn extras off. I think you have a defective phone.

Post a screenshot from your desktop. Save it and if you have Dropbox setup it's instantly on your desktop. Post from there.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
My Note 3 lasts all day with HEAVY usage (such as GPS, DS emulation, etc). Definitely something wrong with your Note 3 battery, or you may just be an area with weak signal which will MURDER your battery.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used the Facebook app in years mostly because I hate Facebook, but also because the app had a wicked memory leak problem. Not sure if that has changed, try getting rid of it.

I keep Bluetooth on most of the day, Wifi toggled on 24x7 but am on 4G at least half, S - voice on and listening for a wake up command, stream music for hours a day, GPS, playing, Google Now, browsing, etc. and still get a whole day out of my phone with 5 hours screen on time. I don't understand the battery comparisons, unless you are without a phone signal often or you have a bad app or tons of Google Now cards.

I love how popular this phone is because it means there will be a new one in a year and accessory support, but it also brought in an influx of people comparing X and Y to their iPhone and a ton of people with almost no technical know how who don't realize that Android isn't a kids toy and take their own lack of knowledge as a shortcoming in the phone.

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
My Note 3 lasts all day with HEAVY usage (such as GPS, DS emulation, etc). Definitely something wrong with your Note 3 battery, or you may just be an area with weak signal which will MURDER your battery.

Could be this because almost any phone I used from many manufacturers this the one factor that always killing my battery The WEAK SIGNAL.

Op may want to check it out.

Sent via Tapatalk 2