Active Notifications

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
With the Note 3 set like that...does hitting the home button open the phone...since there is no swiping needed? Seems like the phone me be turned completely awake many times accidently.

There is a option to use or not use the home button for that in dynamic notifications. I set dynamic notifications as my lock screen and haven't had any unlocking issues yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
There is a option to use or not use the home button for that in dynamic notifications. I set dynamic notifications as my lock screen and haven't had any unlocking issues yet.

Thanks! How is it on battery?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh that is with the paid version. Doesn't appear to work at all on my note 3 with the free version.

Texts and things just go straight to my Samsung home screen. Was hoping to test it out before actually purchasing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

I read some were having problems, but that enabling it as lock screen fixed it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That is it. Make sure stock OS is set to no lock screen and enable DN as lockscreen. Breathing notifications work great and don't go off when you don't want them to as in your pocket!

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
is there an option to have the notifications appear when you pick the phone up? or just stay on constantly, since they shouldnt use much power on a black screen?

ioannisgk

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please post a guide on how to enable dashclock widgets on DN?

I have successfully installed Dashclock widget with some extensions that work fine.

But when i enable them from the*DynamicNotifications settings, they do not appear on my lockscreen.

Can you please help me?

I have paid for the premium features and i can not get this to work.

Everything else is fine.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please post a guide on how to enable dashclock widgets on DN?...

1) Uninstall Dynamic Notifications
2) Install DashClock
3) Reinstall Dynamic Notifications (DashClock needs to have been installed BEFORE Dynamic Notifications)
4) Assign separate Extensions for DashClock & Dynamic Notifications - Extensions don't work well if you have multiple instances of them (for example I have 2 battery & 2 weather Extensions - 1 for each)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

ioannisgk

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
1) Uninstall Dynamic Notifications
2) Install DashClock
3) Reinstall Dynamic Notifications (DashClock needs to have been installed BEFORE Dynamic Notifications)
4) Assign separate Extensions for DashClock & Dynamic Notifications - Extensions don't work well if you have multiple instances of them (for example I have 2 battery & 2 weather Extensions - 1 for each)

This worked. Thank you! Can you recommend some dashclock extensions that you use?

Sent from my SM-N9005

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
...Can you recommend some dashclock extensions that you use?

DashNotifier is my favorite Extension but that's better suited for DashClock itself.
On Dynamic Notifications I only put a battery & weather Extension.

Also, I use "Better DashClock" instead of the "Official" DashClock as it has more customization options.