Active Notifications

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between the Moto and the Note 3. One of the things I like most about Moto X is Active Notifications. With the AMOLED display, it is especially useful. Note 3 has AMOLED also, so would the Dynamic Notifications app work on the Note 3 as well as Moto X's Active Notifications?

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between the Moto and the Note 3. One of the things I like most about Moto X is Active Notifications. With the AMOLED display, it is especially useful. Note 3 has AMOLED also, so would the Dynamic Notifications app work on the Note 3 as well as Moto X's Active Notifications?

Interesting. I read up on this app you speak of. My text messages show up in detail on my note 3, if that helps. Emails just show the icon in the notification bar. I'll let you know if I notice anything else.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

That is a great feature, but unfortunately the Note 3 does not have this.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't see what's so great about this....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
This is an upgrade for me, on my lock screen, from the S3 where it only showed icon notifications. Not in details like my screen shot. Can someone show me what this other program does? Thanks. 😊

tusagy7e.jpg

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd say get the Note 3 then install the App "Dynamic Notifications"--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...greatbytes.activenotifications&token=X-ufgPLJ
Much more customizable & feature-rich than Active Notifications on the Moto X.

Another great Notification App would be "MissedIt". It displays in a Widget & also puts a # count on the individual App icons themselves (if you're using Nova Launcher or Launcher 8)--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-apps/199709-how-guide-global-badge-notifications.html

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess my next question is, is it as easy on the battery as the Active Notifications is on the Moto X? It should be, due to the AMOLED display and the app lighting up only those pixels required for the notification

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
ya i dont really see the point of that app. it shows texts and missed phone calls right on the lock screen, and i have a sound and notification light for email. i also have the email app as a shortcut on the lock screen, so i can open that from the lock screen as well.

bionicman2k

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Also using Dynamic Notifications and its fantastic. Text messages even show up with the persons CONTACT picture. It has also built in controls for music (Google Music, Spotify, etc).

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Also using Dynamic Notifications and its fantastic. Text messages even show up with the persons CONTACT picture. It has also built in controls for music (Google Music, Spotify, etc).

Can you explain how you got dynamic notifications working on the note 3? I have it activated but I don't see it appear when I turn on the phone or receive a notification.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you explain how you got dynamic notifications working on the note 3? I have it activated but I don't see it appear when I turn on the phone or receive a notification.

Did you set dynamic notifications to be your lock screen?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I really liked the idea of the moto x on paper. After I went to play with it, it decidedly wasn't cool anymore. Active notifications are really the only advantage over the note. Worse camera, screen, processor, no SD slot, no usb3.0, no ir blaster. The list goes on.

Posted via Android Central App

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Under premium features, it is the third option

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Oh that is with the paid version. Doesn't appear to work at all on my note 3 with the free version.

Texts and things just go straight to my Samsung home screen. Was hoping to test it out before actually purchasing.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
With dynamic notifications, make sure you didn't have swipe to unlock set prior. Tip for great dynamic notifications performance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
With dynamic notifications, make sure you didn't have swipe to unlock set prior. Tip for great dynamic notifications performance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

With the Note 3 set like that...does hitting the home button open the phone...since there is no swiping needed? Seems like the phone me be turned completely awake many times accidently.