I was thinking of getting the Sony Smartwatch 2 because it's cheaper than the Galaxy Gear and it's compatible with more phones. Has anyone owned or have tried it out just curious to know how well does it work?
    10-20-2013 03:45 AM
    I was thinking the same until I saw this...

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-acc...view-50012503/

Sent from my Galaxy note 3
    10-20-2013 04:01 AM
    Hey Guys,

I currently have both watches. Other than being able to actually speak into the watch, the Sony so far has a lot more functionality, like getting full messages, reading full emails, even replying...and there are tons of apps. I am sure it's just a matter of time until Samsung catches up with their device. The GGear is very limited in the way it notifies, etc. needing constant interaction with the phone still - and my issue was wanting to NOT have to always look at the phone. Only time will tell which one is better in the long run, so I advise you get one of each, and then try them both for yourself and just return the other one... at least that way you get your own take on it. What might be good for on guy, might be totally different for someone else's needs...
    10-20-2013 01:00 PM
    I thought of the same comparision. However, the Gear can answer and make calls, even tell it make calls with voice commands..That is a biggee for me. Like somebody else has already mention, just be little while before Samsung has more apps and/or upgrade so the Gear can do more.. Just my two cents..
    10-20-2013 01:57 PM
    I had a Sony SW1 and just got the SW2 a few days back. I only want the watch as a watch, and for simple notifications, so the SW2 is great for that. The SW1 wasn't even too bad IMHO, but it wasn't waterproof, and the the mounting clip was poorly designed. I really like the look of the SW2. And it is totally waterproof, which is good for me. Easy to read in direct sunlight. The only drawback so far is the limited number of watch faces.
    As for the Gear, it is too expensive for me to experiment with, not waterproof, and it tries to me more then I need.
    10-20-2013 08:07 PM
    I got the Sony SW2 yesterday, I have the Samsung S3 phone, it paired up and starting working immediately out of the box. I have added several apps and now get my text messages, Gmail, call log and weather on my wrist, VERY COOL.

A couple of things I am struggling with if anyone knows. First I have Gmail but not my regular email, how do I get that onto the SW2? Second someone mentioned you can reply to email, how? I see the preformated replies to text but nothing on email?? Heck I would love just to be able to delete the email from the watch.

Last, I want to use my SW2 to count my steps (pedometer) anyone doing this? How?

THanks
    David
    01-17-2014 11:33 AM