What app do you think best showcases the Note 3's capabilities?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The only obvious apps I can think of are Hulu and Netflix because of the extra screen size, and maybe some of the Office suites that benefit from the extra real estate as well. I can't say I've really used my devices as a gaming device, so any gaming apps that you feel showcase the Note 3's hardware, feel free to post up.

Oh and I understand Swiftkey 4.3 and Map Note are a couple of good apps as well....

swiftkey-4.3_0.jpg map-note_1.jpg

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget other like the Samsung S-Note, Action Notes and Scrapbook feature.

Another is the multi screen in general, what other phone does that?

Sent From "The Beast"

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget other like the Samsung S-Note, Action Notes and Scrapbook feature.

Another is the multi screen in general, what other phone does that?

Sent From "The Beast"

I showed the multi-screen feature to an iPhone user and he had this "sour grapes" look in his face, followed by a, "You'll never use that!"

One app I haven't found yet, on my old HTC Rezound, there was this native network printing app that would let me map to any network printer. It was a great feature to use in the office when I'd have to go to another department and print out instructions or memos for an end user. They would look at me as if I were using some sort of office voodoo.

iPhone 5_to_GS4

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Live wall paper with fish swimming around.

Multi window is very impressive also.

S-Note to make a phone call.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung watch - on app is awesome.. I have my tv programed,, FIOS box,, surround sound system,, and blue ray player all sync with it. I never need a TV remote and the widget on the lock screen is great.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I just setup the watch on app, it had tv listing, and double as remote control of TV and other devices.

@T-Mobile GN3

ScottGeek

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I showed the multi-screen feature to an iPhone user and he had this "sour grapes" look in his face, followed by a, "You'll never use that!"

One app I haven't found yet, on my old HTC Rezound, there was this native network printing app that would let me map to any network printer. It was a great feature to use in the office when I'd have to go to another department and print out instructions or memos for an end user. They would look at me as if I were using some sort of office voodoo.

Ah, I'm an ex-rezound person too... So network printing... Check out Google's Cloud Print and if you have an HP (not sure it works with non-Hp printers) Look for HP's ePrint. Both of these work on my GN2 and GN3 and are in the play store.

~ScottGeek.

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Sketchbook Pro, for anyone who can draw/paint, will really show off the Wacom technology's pressure sensitivity of the pen. You can create Hollywood/AAA game level artwork with that setup.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I have PrinterShare Pro for wireless printing. You might check that out and see if it would work for you.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung watch - on app is awesome.. I have my tv programed,, FIOS box,, surround sound system,, and blue ray player all sync with it. I never need a TV remote and the widget on the lock screen is great.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

This. I didn't know what it was until I set it up, but it's a great alternative to buying an expensive universal remote control.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Amazon app store has a notepad app today that's free, if something called the "note" doesn't have enough native note taking apps to suit you....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Becki Hagen

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
l couldn't live without Stylus Beta. lt's a free beta app that converts your handwriting to text. I'd have to say it's 100 x's better than the preinstalled app. lt works anywhere you would put text. It replaces your keyboard and reads even the sloppiest handwriting.

streetslide

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

I love these guys who say you'll never use this or that. I have the multiscreen preset up for Contacts/Maps, Contacts/Notes & Contacts/Calendar.
How many times have you been talking to someone or needed to call someone & also take a note or get/give directions or check your calendar?
Multiscreen is perfect for those functions.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
l couldn't live without Stylus Beta. lt's a free beta app that converts your handwriting to text. I'd have to say it's 100 x's better than the preinstalled app. lt works anywhere you would put text. It replaces your keyboard and reads even the sloppiest handwriting.

I might have to put that app to the test. I'm always told I should've been a doctor, not because they think I'm sharp, but because they see my ugly handwriting and think it looks like a doctor's prescription. :(

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Benchmarking apps...

lol, I actually used this app to show how much processing power the N3 had, but it's somewhat hard to demonstrate the hardware via just raw figures. What I was hoping for was something like a game that had visually stunning graphics, or an app that makes great use of the stylus. But I do agree, a benchmark app will demonstrate what a phone is capable of, if you are ok with raw data (although some benchmark apps will at least give you a bar-graph you can use I suppose...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt