Keep note 3 or get Nexus 5

randpost

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I will get a Nexus 5 while I already have the Note 3. If I prefer one quite a bit over the other, I will sell one. If I can rationalize keeping both, I will do that. Resale of either phone will be fairly easy without too much of a loss.

Another option is to wait for a slew of reviews, but then stock might run dry for a month if caught sleeping. This is a Nexus after all and Google doesn't have a good track record with early stock and demand.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks , I know I'll get one , like you say I can decide later. Could also sell my S4gpe. How do you like size of your note 3?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Note 3. After two weeks, I picked up my friends's S3 and felt it was incredibly small.

Large, beautiful screen, large, removable battery, expandable storage are all important things to me.

randpost

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks , I know I'll get one , like you say I can decide later. Could also sell my S4gpe. How do you like size of your note 3?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app

It's fine size wise. I wouldn't mind a little bit bigger for a 6in screen though. Currently, I still swap my sim over to my nexus 4 when I need smaller size and use my note 3 all other times. So I can still go small if I need to. Biking, jogging, hiking, skinny jeans, etc.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Only advantage of the N5 will be GED and latest android. There is allot you will loose functionality if you went to the N5.

If you want to go prepaid or not be locked to carrier that can also be a contributing factor. Also the nice off contract price.

Personally I am going to stick with the Note 3.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not to familiar with the acronym, "GED" when speaking of Android. Sorry for the naivety. I too am considering a Note 3 or Nexus 5. I have some apprehension going phablet, but like most have said, it's likely to subside in time.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
GED = Google Experience Device.

Sorry it isn't referred that way much. Basically all it means is android as Google intended it at it's purest form.

The Google Edition phones are close but not exactly what Google wrote into android. Only Nexus devices are that completely. That may not be a bad thing either depending on what does get added.

Posted via Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
GED = Google Experience Device.

Sorry it isn't referred that way much. Basically all it means is android as Google intended it at it's purest form.

The Google Edition phones are close but not exactly what Google wrote into android. Only Nexus devices are that completely. That may not be a bad thing either depending on what does get added.

Posted via Android Central App

I will never let Google dictates my entire digital life. I found the company to be very aggressive in intruding users privacy.

@T-Mobile GN3

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I will never let Google dictates my entire digital life. I found the company to be very aggressive in intruding users privacy.

@T-Mobile GN3

This post makes it clear you don't understand what I ment or how unrestricted GED devices are. Google is not dictating anything. They just give us the tools. On Nexus devices those tools are more powerful.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
This post makes it clear you don't understand what I ment or how unrestricted GED devices are. Google is not dictating anything. They just give us the tools. On Nexus devices those tools are more powerful.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

You are confusing the physical restriction with smart, tactical restriction, which normal people happily fall into.

Google doesn't need to post a note yelling at people, it produce a "smooth experience" with backdoor information manipulation without you knowing it.

Go ahead enjoy Nexus 5 if you want.

@T-Mobile GN3

The SPCS Guy

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
why not have BOTH? I'm planning on adding another line to my new T-Mobile account just for the Nexus 5! I heard the Nexus 5 has a new sensor in it that will be able to start the coffee maker and the microwave from 2 rooms away!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC