11-02-2013 08:36 AM
35 12
tools
    Can't have both but can't decide , what would you do , keep or swap?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
    10-21-2013 12:25 AM
    I will get a Nexus 5 while I already have the Note 3. If I prefer one quite a bit over the other, I will sell one. If I can rationalize keeping both, I will do that. Resale of either phone will be fairly easy without too much of a loss.

Another option is to wait for a slew of reviews, but then stock might run dry for a month if caught sleeping. This is a Nexus after all and Google doesn't have a good track record with early stock and demand.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    andymacnexus likes this.
    10-21-2013 12:39 AM
    Thanks , I know I'll get one , like you say I can decide later. Could also sell my S4gpe. How do you like size of your note 3?

10-21-2013 12:44 AM
    Note 3. To me is unique and special. Nexus 5 is another top end device.

from my Galaxy Mega
    10-21-2013 02:33 AM
    Note 3. After two weeks, I picked up my friends's S3 and felt it was incredibly small.

Large, beautiful screen, large, removable battery, expandable storage are all important things to me.
    Telespielstube likes this.
    10-21-2013 04:01 AM
    Thanks , I know I'll get one , like you say I can decide later. Could also sell my S4gpe. How do you like size of your note 3?

It's fine size wise. I wouldn't mind a little bit bigger for a 6in screen though. Currently, I still swap my sim over to my nexus 4 when I need smaller size and use my note 3 all other times. So I can still go small if I need to. Biking, jogging, hiking, skinny jeans, etc.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    10-21-2013 04:07 AM
    I'm keeping my Note 3.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    10-21-2013 08:11 AM
    If I were you, I would just keep the Note 3.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    10-21-2013 08:19 AM
    Only advantage of the N5 will be GED and latest android. There is allot you will loose functionality if you went to the N5.

If you want to go prepaid or not be locked to carrier that can also be a contributing factor. Also the nice off contract price.

Personally I am going to stick with the Note 3.
    10-21-2013 08:28 AM
    I'm not to familiar with the acronym, "GED" when speaking of Android. Sorry for the naivety. I too am considering a Note 3 or Nexus 5. I have some apprehension going phablet, but like most have said, it's likely to subside in time.
    10-30-2013 09:44 PM
    Note 3, You won't regret.

Sent from my Sexy Galaxy Note 3
    10-30-2013 09:59 PM
    Keeping my Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-30-2013 10:05 PM
    GED = Google Experience Device.

Sorry it isn't referred that way much. Basically all it means is android as Google intended it at it's purest form.

The Google Edition phones are close but not exactly what Google wrote into android. Only Nexus devices are that completely. That may not be a bad thing either depending on what does get added.

10-30-2013 10:14 PM
    GED = Google Experience Device.

Sorry it isn't referred that way much. Basically all it means is android as Google intended it at it's purest form.

The Google Edition phones are close but not exactly what Google wrote into android. Only Nexus devices are that completely. That may not be a bad thing either depending on what does get added.

I will never let Google dictates my entire digital life. I found the company to be very aggressive in intruding users privacy.

@T-Mobile GN3
    10-30-2013 10:33 PM
    I will never let Google dictates my entire digital life. I found the company to be very aggressive in intruding users privacy.

@T-Mobile GN3
    This post makes it clear you don't understand what I ment or how unrestricted GED devices are. Google is not dictating anything. They just give us the tools. On Nexus devices those tools are more powerful.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
    10-30-2013 10:41 PM
    I am staying with my Note 3.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    10-31-2013 07:15 AM
    Smaller screen, worse camera, s pen. That's really all you'll lose

crester likes this.
    10-31-2013 07:31 AM
    This post makes it clear you don't understand what I ment or how unrestricted GED devices are. Google is not dictating anything. They just give us the tools. On Nexus devices those tools are more powerful.

You are confusing the physical restriction with smart, tactical restriction, which normal people happily fall into.

Google doesn't need to post a note yelling at people, it produce a "smooth experience" with backdoor information manipulation without you knowing it.

Go ahead enjoy Nexus 5 if you want.

@T-Mobile GN3
    10-31-2013 08:05 AM
    How about both? Nexus ain't no note and the note ain't no nexus.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    The SPCS Guy and petaf like this.
    10-31-2013 08:54 AM
    why not have BOTH? I'm planning on adding another line to my new T-Mobile account just for the Nexus 5! I heard the Nexus 5 has a new sensor in it that will be able to start the coffee maker and the microwave from 2 rooms away!
    10-31-2013 09:14 AM
    I think it comes down to what do you want most in a phone, besides the basics, and which one will fit your needs best. I have had a nexus phone and really do prefer the note series. I like many of the features Samsung offers that just aren't on a nexus. A nexus is great if you are gonna root and use custom roms. I love the screen size of the note series and the spen.

mavrrick likes this.
    10-31-2013 11:15 AM
    NOTE 3!!

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk
    10-31-2013 12:02 PM
    You are confusing the physical restriction with smart, tactical restriction, which normal people happily fall into.

Google doesn't need to post a note yelling at people, it produce a "smooth experience" with backdoor information manipulation without you knowing it.

Go ahead enjoy Nexus 5 if you want.

@T-Mobile GN3
    Google doesn't need the Nexus line for that. If you think you are safe from Google data mining by having a Samsung carrier subsidized phone more power to you. I seriously think you are wrong. I trust att allot less with my info then google. Loading all those crappy free ware games is a much bigger risk.

Another thing to think about is the community that supports customizing the Nexus devices would go up in arms if anything nefarious was happening.

10-31-2013 12:23 PM
    Smaller screen? No thank you.

Sent from a large mobile device
    10-31-2013 12:31 PM
    If you think you are safe from Google data mining by having a Samsung carrier subsidized phone more power to you. I seriously think you are wrong. I trust att allot less with my info then google. Loading all those crappy free ware games is a much bigger risk.

I don't, for one second, trust any company to keep my info safe, especially not a company who's major source of revenue is advertising. Anyone who uses a smart phone or the Internet shouldn't either. But I would rather cut off my left arm than give up the technology, so I guess it's all one big tradeoff that I'm okay with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    10-31-2013 12:35 PM
35 12