Long Term Phone.....ya think?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Big Red just extended the length of time you have to wait before being upgrade eligible. I'm counting on my Note 3 to run the length of my contract now.

I think you guys that change a lot are kind of crazy lol. I like keeping the same Device for awhile. I was on my Stratosphere for 18 months and I was just fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

I would imagine that it would be better to keep your device for a while. I have issues truly integrating my smartphone in my daily life because I switch so often I never really get used to it. I Wasn't going to get the Note 3 at first. I was just going to keep my iPhone 5 until the iPhone 6 was released. But I thought this would be a good opportunity to make a switch back to Android, change to a Carrier that Offers an limited data (T-Mobile), and get a device thatjust came out. I'm going to try to keep it for a year until the next one is released. I would be able to upgrade by then as well.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I kept my Thunderbolt for 20 months and somehow managed to survive. I can't imagine that keeping this phone for a couple of years would present any issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
WOWZIES!! 4 years??!! OK, now that's a bit much haha The last phone that lasted that long in my family was one of those old blockias :p If you're in a post-paid plan, it really makes no sense keeping the same phone once your contract is up... if you keep the contract, they're still charging you for A phone, even if you don't ask for a new one...

indeed, I am actually on TMo prepaid $60/mo. My previous phone was HTC One X, i had for a year, before that, I had pre for 3 years.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I plan to keep my Note 3 for at least a year. I can't remember the last time I kept a phone longer than 3 months. Now that I am enrolled in the T-Mobile plan that allows me to upgrade every 6 months, I think I will just get the new Note every year. The Note series is the most compelling to me. I was very upset with myself when I got rid of my Note 2 to switch to the iPhone 5. If I could go back, I wouldn't have done that. I have become very reliant on the S-pen and a lot of the Samsung services. Other than the Note 4 there won't be another device that will offer a similar experience.

I did the exact same thing lol. I regretted that too. Very dumb of me to do.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note? 3

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Big Red just extended the length of time you have to wait before being upgrade eligible. I'm counting on my Note 3 to run the length of my contract now.

I think you guys that change a lot are kind of crazy lol. I like keeping the same Device for awhile. I was on my Stratosphere for 18 months and I was just fine.

I think we are crazy!!! Thanks for compliment.....lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've owned my Rezound for 21 months now, and it's acquired a few small irritants. It's bc of them and bc I want a larger and better screen to read more comfortably that I want N3. OTOH, unless N3 doesn't fix it's bugs with future updates, I honestly don't see what another phone can do for me that N3 shouldn't be able to.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I've owned my Rezound for 21 months now, and it's acquired a few small irritants. It's bc of them and bc I want a larger and better screen to read more comfortably that I want N3. OTOH, unless N3 doesn't fix it's bugs with future updates, I honestly don't see what another phone can do for me that N3 shouldn't be able to.

As with the release of any new device, the bugs Will be fixed.

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I plan to keep my Note 3 for at least a year. I can't remember the last time I kept a phone longer than 3 months. Now that I am enrolled in the T-Mobile plan that allows me to upgrade every 6 months, I think I will just get the new Note every year. The Note series is the most compelling to me. I was very upset with myself when I got rid of my Note 2 to switch to the iPhone 5. If I could go back, I wouldn't have done that. I have become very reliant on the S-pen and a lot of the Samsung services. Other than the Note 4 there won't be another device that will offer a similar experience.

This.

Posted via Android Central App

The SPCS Guy

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site

Just make sure you get yourself a nice protective case and be very gentle with your phone. Don't drop it or act careless and trust and believe it will take care of you until your next upgrade! If you r one of those people with dented edges and sides that are chipped off of the phone, then... . ..... . ....I just happen to think that if someone keeps their phone for that long a time, them it should be well maintained.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I plan on using the Note 3 actively until the Note 4 comes out, but I will still get other phones in between now and then. I am a multi-device person and rotate phones in and out often. I'm still using my original Note. I tried to retire the Note II for the Note 3, but I'm rethinking this right now. I am trying to like Windows Phone, but I'm not succeeding and I think that I'll bump that for the Note II. I'll have a Note trifecta!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I will always get the nex,, why not,, if you take good care of it you can sell it for the cost of the new one. Well, I say that thinking everyone always has a upgrade waiting.. I have 5 lines on My plan so I really always have a upgrade waiting.. Next October I will sell this on eBay and go get the note 4.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
lol, I've tried to use that justification but I can't do it. For mother's day last year, I bought my mother the Galaxy S3 while I was still sporting the HTC Rezound. Every time my mother would ask me about a certain function on the phone, I couldn't help but think to myself, "She doesn't need this much phone!" Fortunately though, she's mentioned on more than one occasion how much she loves the phone and I'd say that in itself is enough to make me not want to steal their upgrades (granted it wouldn't be stealing since I'd actually ask them if I could have it, and that's actually my sister's MO). Would she have been happy with the Rezound? Probably, would she have probably started to hate it around this time (It started acting buggy on me of late)? Most definitely.
When the first Note came out I was ecstatic and seemed to see nothing but reviews mocking it. I felt I could make it a hit by just taking it to AARP meetings and say, SEE, Now there's a phone YOU can READ! lol Luckily I didn't have to do that. I think Samsung was thinking about it though with the Easy setting. I don't think your mom would mind getting the Note 3 as a hand me down about the time the Note 4 or 5 comes out!

Edit to tack on how long I think I'll have the Note 3... At least 18 months, maybe longer. It depends on what they come out with next and what they do with the S-Notes and what they do with the 10.1's.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Jw but do you guys that switch phones often go CL/eBay or are you paying unlocked prices?

I could totally see myself being noncommittal on phones if I had more disposable income. There are a lot of cool devices out there.