Metal clip and 5 plastic nails

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I saw a video where the metal thingie was used to remove a SIM which was impossible to pull out otherwise. Apparently, the slot doesn't have a customary spring.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw a video where the metal thingie was used to remove a SIM which was impossible to pull out otherwise. Apparently, the slot doesn't have a customary spring.

It doesn't have the customary spring but it is possible to remove without tools, though a bit tricky the first time . I was able to do it a few times myself.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Adam Walder

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
That's weird, I have the Galaxy Note Pro 905 that still comes with the metal clip and it does have the customary spring, therefore don't need it if that's what its for... maybe it serves another use??

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The plastics are replacements for the S Pen tip. Not sure the proper terminology. :)

No problem. It's a Thingummy with several spare Wotsits.

I used it a few days ago. It's well designed. Don't worry about clamping down hard on the current nib and pushing in a new one if you ever need to.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
That's weird, I have the Galaxy Note Pro 905 that still comes with the metal clip and it does have the customary spring, therefore don't need it if that's what its for... maybe it serves another use??

That tool is used to replace the nibs on the S Pen. Not for SIM replacement (though if it works for you, great, I guess)

Wicasa Wakan

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
OMG I'm such an *****. I posted a pic of these points on my FB page and no one knew what they were for. Now it makes sense. I don't plan to use the pen much at all and if I did, I don't think I'd need 5 replacements. haha